• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

rails for euros +add on

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

andrsn

Just visiting...
Aug 26, 2001
Anyone know where one might be able to pick up a plastic track/rail for a euro? I've been to JBL's website but don't see that they offer it as an accessory. :confused:

Help if you can,
Anderson

Definitely Hanapaa.

They have 2 types - Aimrite & JBL. If it's a long gun, call them & make sure they send the longer one(2 sizes). They sent me the shorter ones.

Aimrite tracks are a bit higher & have much stronger adhesive to bond to the barrel....... but are nearly impossible to get straight!!!

The JBL tracks are really nice for euros because of their low profile and the adhesive has lsted pretty long thus far. Just make sure to use some rubbing alcohol to clear off the surface nicely before applying the track.

when you get a price from hanapaa let me know before you buy...:hmm check your pm

Last edited:
Have a JBL track on my Beauchat. turned it into a brand-new gun. SOOO quiet now! shoots strait....

I recomend taking off the JBL adhesive and using silcone.

Willer

Wipe the barrel w/ acetone, scuff both the barrel and the underside of the track with Scotchbrite, wipe again and bond with some 5 minute or two ton epoxy. Lay the track on and center with the shaft mounted in the trigger. Smooth.

sven

FYI - The Beuchat North America dealer located in Miami, Florida (305-548-3483) has add-on rails (both open and enclosed track) for sale for about $15 including the adhesive tape to attach the rail. The tracks are easy to install and cut to the desired length and I think they will fit any euro gun (but confirm with them). I had some installed on my Beuchat, but I have not had a chance to try out the gun yet.

Reactions: Shadowkiller
Enclosed track on a euro?

I'd really like to see a picture of that!

Not because I'll be putting 3 bands on, but more out of morbid curiosity :hmm

yes it's a little sloppy, but this is a beater gun, so I don't care....

this was a JBL rail. the tape it comes with is crap. used some dow silicon to put it on.

But I do recomend a rail on everything! Going to put one every gun I buy....

Willer

Last edited:
Jefe, if you would like to Donate to my Riffe #W fund, I will gladly acept it....

Willer :D

Last edited:
Hello !

Sorry to wake up a so old thread, but I cannot get neither a shipment price for France nor the length of such a JBL track from Hanapaa :hmm
They do not reply to my emails...

So, if you get the information, I am interesting!

Regards,
Jeff

I got my JBL track by simply walking into first dive shop I found that was a JBL dealer and ordered it. Actually, I did this in 2 different dive stores to compare price. Seemed pretty easy in S. FL. BTW, I believe JBL calls it a true-glide, at least that's what the dive shops looked it up as.

Hope this helps, best of luck with your 'quest'!

Scott T.

Jeff,

Oops, just noticed you're in France. Maybe more difficult for you then me. Sorry!

Scott T.

Don't worry Sturgeon! :eek:

But now I know that you can answer to the following question: "what's the length of the JBL track?" :t

@+
Jeff

What gun length do you want the track for Jeff?

What part of France is Vallauris?

Hello Shaneshac!

Currently I would love to have it for my Beuchat carbon 1m. In the near future, I could need one for a 1.2m barrel...

Vallauris, this is on the French Riviera, between Cannes and Antibes. Beautiful area, but not so huge fishes :hmm

@+
Jeff

I was in Villefranche on 21st Sept. Clear blue water or what????

I have a rail for a 90 and one for a beuchat which was just over a metre. Neither of them are in use. I would gladly donate one to you.

PM me your address and I will see what I can do.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT