• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Rainy days

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Don Anderson

Jul 22, 2016
So, I am new to spearfishing and freediving and I have tons of questions. First and seemingly mosthe important is, how do I get my open cell on at the beach, in the rain, without garnering interest from cops? ;) Or gathering enough sand exfoliate a sheet of plywood.

ThatS not my primary concern. most jersey cops aren't too bad about fisherman. I'm more curious about getting my suit on without a ton of sand. I don't drive a truck so I don't have a ton of room. And the water may be warmish, but the wind and cold on a rainy day are a little rough. Do you see where I getting at now? I'm trying to not freeze or start making pearls.

Just put your suit on in the water.

Gesendet von meinem Nokia 3310 mit Tapatalk

XD if you don't want to put your suit on in the water you could take a spraybottle with soapy water and spray it in the suit. After spraying the soapy water in the suit you can put it on pretty easy. But I've got no idea what you can do about the sand.

A couple places I have been in the past rod and reel fishing the beach is up wing of the parking areas. I was thinking maybe stopping at a park or something and dressing on a yoga mat or something similar. I use lube, it just seems to be a sand magnet. Sacrifices I guess...

That would work out pretty good I guess. You can put on your suit at the parking lot and walk to the water.

I'm not very good at this stuff, but the surfers in Southern California seem to leave their shirt on, wrap a towel around their waist, remove their pants, pull the wetsuit up under the towel, remove the towel, remove the shirt, then pull the wetsuit over the upper body.

I get suited up on my boat so I just get naked most if the time, but if the wind is cold I use my Surf fur parka. I disrobe under the parka and it has holes through the pockets so you can reach through and pull the wetsuit up high enough so that you are decent, then remove the parka and finish putting the wetsuit on.

Reactions: Don Anderson
That's what I was talking about Bill. Thanks. I was mostly looking for creative ideas on how not to freeze/cover with sand. I've been on scuba before many times with Sandy boots and it isn't an enjoyable experience. Starting hypothermic is just stupid. Also, I not cool enough to have a boat! Yet. ;)

So, what you're saying is that at some point, in public, I will be nude under a trench coat? That could cause me trouble! :) :) That looks like a good deal. Thank you sir.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT