• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Reading Material....

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Stevie T

Jan 27, 2003
Just wondered if anyone could recommend any reading material (either books or other websites) that would be of benefit to a complete beginner?

I've been looking around for a while and hav'nt found much on the subject of Spearfishing anywhere really............Except for this website of coarse........:duh

The wonderful deeds in the deep

Wow Jay the first time i see someboby talking about the truht of the word of God in a free diving chat.."Te felicito " as the psalm 107 say "Esos quienes decienden al mar al descubierto parte de los misterios de Dios" im cristian and freediver too....

Blessing
Daniel.

Hi Daniel,
Glad to have you aboard. There's a few more of us on here. I thought that sign. fit what I've experienced. Where are you from?
Jay

Hi Jay i feel at home

Hi Jay i feel at home.now...good and say hello to my others fellow.
Im cuban...but i live in usa new jersey.i will be sharing about free diving and my faith of the Powerful God we serve
I like doing unassited that is my favored-like 70 meter in dinamic without fins in pool..
Saludos
Daniel.

"And the gathered waters he call"seas." And God saw that it was good. Genesis1:10

Nice to hear and all that guys but its the reading material i'm after not sunday school lessons..........

Not that I have anything against your faith, just wanted to learn more about spearfishing, otherwise I would have picked up the bible instead........

All meant in good humour, honest:D

Reactions: rigdvr
Si mon!

Jay is correctomundo about Terry Maas's book Freedive! being the book to read for starting out and for that matter tuning up as you get older and forget stuff.

Steve
Terry Maas's book is excellent as is this site you could also look at www.spearfishing.com.au
This is another excellent site with some good info and pics for rigs floats etc on techno files and in equiptment locker - although its an ausie site so any species or area specific sites for you are much better looked at on here.
Regards Peter
PS dont give the guys that were offering you help a hared time for being Christians if you look at there posts youll see that they were only giving spearing advice -the rest is just there signatures :)

forget

Forget what Sven? I don't remember forgetting anything.
Bill

More good reading material
UNDERWATER FISHING IN AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND by Dr Adam Smith
This is distributed and published by Mountain Ocean and Travel publications email to
books@motpub.com.au
this is a great read with good tips on guns and rigs floats etc as well as DIY info and a heap of info on species and locations for diving in Aus and NZ - these locations wont help you guys much that live on the other side of the world ,but you cant be blamed for that you cant choose where youll be born hey!;)
regards Peter

Thanks everyone for your help, and as I said before, the statement was meant in good humour and certainly was'nt meant as a dig at anyone. :eek:

a young athlete

A yong man who was training to be an olimpic diver.The only religious influence he received during his lifetime came to him by way of a cristian friend.He didn't pay attention to his friends sermons,even though he heard them frequently.One night,he went to the pool belonging to his university.All the lights were turned off,but because it was a clear nigth and the moon show brightly,there were sufficient light for him to practice.
The young man went up to the highest diving board when he turned his back he sow his own shadow on the wall.
The shadow os his body had the exact shape of a Cross.Intead of diving he nelt and asked God to enter his life.while the young man remained quiet,the cleaning person came in and turned on the lights"They've emptied the pool to repair it."

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT