• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

rebuilding old gun

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

kkam

Jul 6, 2008
has any one out ther ever modified an old aluminium gun and made something better or is it worth it to just buy a new one ive looked at muzzles from hammerhead and have seen handles for sale or am i waisting my time :confused:

its avery neglected jbl magnum 450 that a friend is willing to give me is it a good gun to use as a base for a modified one.

What do you have? The muzzel, the handle, barrel and shaft? If you have that, then you have an entire gun. Take the gun. I'll post pics tommorrow of my 450 that I'm building. I'll help you along, you will spend virtually no money and have a good gun.

You could strip the gun, clean it up, spray it camo, fill the tube with foam, fit new rubbers, dynema wishbones, new mono & bungee & take some pics along the way so we can all share the fun?

when you build one will any aftermarket muzzle work with little modification or do you have to get one for that make of gun im thinking that the only salvageable part is the body and the triger will have to be replaced

You just need to know the tube diameter, most likely 25mm or 28mm then you have the choice of dozens of replacement muzzles.

not sure im going off of what my friend is feeding me i just wanted to know what my options were before i drove to ventura to pick up a gun that probably doesnt work he hasnt looked at the thing in years it just sits in storage

i havent picked up any parts for it yet i still dont know what ill need

i have an old champion gun i am trying to rebuild, i have the muzzle,handle,trigger& a 44 inch shaft w/o spear tip. what length barrel&bands should i use (5/8 bands)

I have a Imersion Thazard theat I wanted to throw away becouse it didn't have a proper working line relese and just wasn't a good gun.
I gave it a last chance by designing and making a new line relese and a rooler muzzle. The aluminium barrel was cut 15cm short and covered with black paint to give it a fresh new look. Below is the the result. It is now one of my favorites guns, powerfull and very accurate.
It is allways good to try.

Attachments

• photo 3 (2).JPG
    photo 3 (2).JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 252
  • photo 4 (2).JPG
    photo 4 (2).JPG
    173.1 KB · Views: 252
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 251
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT