• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Recent events

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Whopperhead

Wisconsin Speargun Hunter
Mar 2, 2007
Hello Fellow Divers, Due to recent events, I'm unsure of my PARTICIPATION in activities.

In August 2012, I hurt my left knee. I did not think too much about it and let it go for about 3 months before seeing my Doctor on my annual visit. I mentioned my pain in my knee and he did a few test. Long story short - it lead me to a Orthopedic Surgeon and 2 weeks ago I underwent Arthroscopic Surgery to repair 2 tears in my Meniscus. As it turned out the Orthopedic Surgeon miss read the MRI. I did not have any tears in my Meniscus, but rather I have a significant tear in my ACL. I also had quite a bit of arthritis on my knee cap, which they cleaned up. BUT - I may in the furture (4-6 months) may have to undergo Total ACL reconstructive surgery. If this surgery happens, I am out of commission for 6-8 weeks and then will have a leg brace that has to stay on my leg for 8 months! I am trying alternative methods right now and for the next 4-6 months to do Strength Physical Therapy. I'm hoping this works and I can not do the surgery. The only reason I would consider doing the surgery is due to my 'Paying Job' as a Jailer and my Job as a Fireman. An ACL is essential to perform those jobs.

Even if I do have the surgery and my diving life is put on hold for about 8 months. I will do my best to organize events and attend but just not dive. Keep in mind, this is not MY Site, I do not own it or even claim to be the "Man in Charge". IF there are those of you out there that want to do an event or an "outing" feel free to post it, I will make it "Sticky" (keeps it at the top of the forum page). I am willing to gather the masses or bring people together, but feel free to post what ever you want to see happen (Tournaments, Outings, Events, Palooza's, Ect..).

I am just letting everyone know what is going on in my life and hoping for the best! I'm positive I will be killing fish come May/June.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kars
Sorry to hear that Whopps. Good on you for minding about friends and organizing meetups and getting things done in such a tough situation. You are a good man. Remember what doesnt kill you makes you stronger.

Reactions: Whopperhead
:crutch FIrst of all i am glad i found a good reason to use this little smiley guy with crutches and second of all, good luck on everything and do whatever it takes to keep that "paying job" of yours, else you better stop peeing in your wetsuit to make it last a little longer ;) and as hard on your body as laying the law down on criminals and saveing damsels in distress from burning buildings can be.... diveing isnt so hard on your body and alot easier to recover for, if not a form of physical therapy all by itself. Ever think about investing in cyborg appendeges???

I would offer my body for cyborg research...... I always wanted to be like ROBOCOP without the whole cop part. :-D

Reactions: spaghetti
Good luck Whopperhead. I know two guys that had knee surgery, one (a skier, the youngest) was never happy with the result, the other (a US Masters level athlete) thought it was the best thing he ever did. Coincidentally I plan to drive my father-in-law into hospital next week to get his knee done -- he is old but unusually active for his age -- and he can't stand not being able to go for the long walks he has done several times a week all his life.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT