• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Recent Site and Forum Downtime

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Stephan Whelan

Papa Smurf
Staff member
Admin
Jan 7, 1999
Hi everyone,

As you may have noticed, we have another batch of downtime in the past few days.

The DeeperBlue.net server was targetted by a hacker and was successfully compromised, we believe, through the Forums as well as exploiting a base level security flaw in the server operating system.

As such we have had to keep several sites on the DeeperBlue.net network offline (including these forums) until we could make sure the whole server was patched.

There are numerous fixes going on, including a service update of these forums, however the forums are open for business again.

I would like to say that at NO POINT was any personal or private data of any DeeperBlue.net member at risk or made public.

Please bear with us during this period.

How about a quiet PM to the nearest member should you ever discover the identity of the bastard? Nuttin' poinsonal, y'unnerstan, just business!:p

Sarge,

I'd prefer to have a chat with the person's bank manager. Everytime this happens we have to shell out a load of cash on services from our service provider in addition to my own time.

Grrrr....

That WOULD be the more civilized approach, but . . . if youse change y'mind, rememba I got family in d' contractin' business in Las Vegas. Dey use a lotta concrete!

Stephan and Team,

Thanks for all your hard work to keep DB up! We appreciate it.

Aaron

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT