• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Recommeded fins + foot pockets up to -30m

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

tchesko

Jun 28, 2008
Hi everyone,
i'm a freediving/spearfishing lover and i'm searching for a new pair of fins+foot pockets. I know there are a lot to chose, but i'm a litlle out of the lastest models, price/money ratio and, eventually, promotions.
Can anyone help?

Thank you very much!

Reactions: Mr. X
I have had good luck with the Beuchat Competition fins (relatively cheap model :) ] that I started with. I even bought a new, second pair as spares a couple of years go (and 2 spare blades, brown - I'd broken one in extremis - and a fitting kit. I fitted the 2 new brown blades and keep my old, blue, camo painted blade as my spare now) :D

[I also have some cheaper Apnea shorter fins, after forgetting to pack my Beuchat fins for holiday :(. They are quite good but the foot pockets are way to big for me for regular use :( ].

The cool thing about the Beuchat footpockets is that they are widely regarded as particularly good for long narrow feet, BUT I have the opposite: wide feet and they fit me so well I haven't needed to consider any other!! :) :)

Reactions: musubi
Hi everyone,
i'm a freediving/spearfishing lover and i'm searching for a new pair of fins+foot pockets. I know there are a lot to chose, but i'm a litlle out of the lastest models, price/money ratio and, eventually, promotions.
Can anyone help?

Thank you very much!
What is your budget for these new fins and foot pockets? That may help narrow things down. Plastic, fiberglass, or carbon blades have varying levels of performance, but can all have their place and can work well depending on how you plan to care for them, how you use them, how often you use them, and how much you want to spend.

For blades, you'll want to at least feel them (in the water or in your hands) before buying them. The stiffness of the blades vary across each manufacturer and one brands soft is another's stiff. You can use people's recommendations on the stiffness based on your height/weight etc., but ultimately you'll need to decide what works for you in your environment. For example almost everyone recommended Soft blades for me based on my size, however each one I tried was way too soft for the currents I run. So I run Medium stiffness and it's awesome. Easiest is to compare to your current blade stiffness and see if you want to go softer/harder/same.

Another decent plastic type fins are the Cressi Gara's. The Beuchat may be more customizable if you plan to swap blades later.

What is your budget for these new fins and foot pockets? That may help narrow things down. Plastic, fiberglass, or carbon blades have varying levels of performance, but can all have their place and can work well depending on how you plan to care for them, how you use them, how often you use them, and how much you want to spend.

For blades, you'll want to at least feel them (in the water or in your hands) before buying them. The stiffness of the blades vary across each manufacturer and one brands soft is another's stiff. You can use people's recommendations on the stiffness based on your height/weight etc., but ultimately you'll need to decide what works for you in your environment. For example almost everyone recommended Soft blades for me based on my size, however each one I tried was way too soft for the currents I run. So I run Medium stiffness and it's awesome. Easiest is to compare to your current blade stiffness and see if you want to go softer/harder/same.

Another decent plastic type fins are the Cressi Gara's. The Beuchat may be more customizable if you plan to swap blades later.
Hi Musubi, thank you for your replay and your questions. I had a C4 carbon (old model, probably 15 years old) stiffness 30, so i'm looking for something similar. Any suggestion?

Hi Musubi, thank you for your replay and your questions. I had a C4 carbon (old model, probably 15 years old) stiffness 30, so i'm looking for something similar. Any suggestion?
A couple manufacturers and models I like are Cetma Edge and the Meandros X-Pro. I'd say the Edge in medium and X-Pro in medium soft are similar to the C4 30 stiffness, but ultimately something you need to feel for yourself. There's lots of other good brands out there, but these are what I've settled on based on my months of searching (for my situation and diving style).

A couple manufacturers and models I like are Cetma Edge and the Meandros X-Pro. I'd say the Edge in medium and X-Pro in medium soft are similar to the C4 30 stiffness, but ultimately something you need to feel for yourself. There's lots of other good brands out there, but these are what I've settled on based on my months of searching (for my situation and divinHi Musubi,g style)Hi Musubi,

A couple manufacturers and models I like are Cetma Edge and the Meandros X-Pro. I'd say the Edge in medium and X-Pro in medium soft are similar to the C4 30 stiffness, but ultimately something you need to feel for yourself. There's lots of other good brands out there, but these are what I've settled on based on my months of searching (for my situation and diving style).
Hi Musubi,
thank you for your email. Where i live there are not any major shop that i could try any of those fins, neither any of similar ones. I will have to accept any decision i take regarding the risks of a good/bad decision. So, if i understood well, all the three (C4 meduim (30) / Cetma Edge medium / Meandros X-Pro medium soft) are very similar. In this case i could chose the one chepear or with a special price, is this right?
Thank you once again.
PS - regarding C4. Do you have any suggestion on the model?

Hi Musubi,
thank you for your email. Where i live there are not any major shop that i could try any of those fins, neither any of similar ones. I will have to accept any decision i take regarding the risks of a good/bad decision. So, if i understood well, all the three (C4 meduim (30) / Cetma Edge medium / Meandros X-Pro medium soft) are very similar. In this case i could chose the one chepear or with a special price, is this right?
Thank you once again.
PS - regarding C4. Do you have any suggestion on the model?
One option is for you to check with the online dealers to see if they accept returns on blades (unused), which would at least allow you to feel them in your hands and compare to your current blades.

I'm not too familiar with C4's line up. Just make sure the blade length is what you're seeking.

Another brand I really like is Moana. They have much reduced blade torsion. Their blades run on the softer side.

I absolutely love my Mares Avanti Quattro + fins paired with their Bungee Straps! The fins offer great thrust and maneuverability in the water, while the bungee straps make them super comfortable to wear. They're a bit on the pricier side, but totally worth it in my opinion. Definitely check them out! Happy diving!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT