• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Recommendations for beginner Freediver?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Lightjolly

Jun 26, 2017
Any knowledgable experienced free divers could recommend me some good "starters" freediving equipment? There's a bunch of options, don't even know where to start or which to trust, if they're of good quality

Not exactly a pro here but since I'm involved in a freediving gear store I can tell you lots of beginners go with Dolphin rubber fins just to get through training and whatnot. There are so many brands out there I can see why it's overwhelming but you'll see eventually the same ones over and over, like waterway, cressi, captain nemo, mako, etc.

But in general, everyone will recommend the brands and configurations that best work for them considering their current location, physical fitness level, depths, etc. My advice to you would be to focus on finding a mask and a pair of fins that best fit your face and feet. Preferably look at them in an actual store and then go online to find them cheaper if price is a priority. Tons of options for masks and fins around, but reviews are always a good way to guide yourself and reading up on the types of fins (carbon, carbon fiber, fiberglass, rubber) may be a good starting point. Each type has it's pros and cons. But rubber is definitely best for first timers while you get a hang of breathing techniques and basic snorkelling skills to gain confidence in the water. You'll want to upgrade your gear pretty soon once you get more confident so don't spend *too* much on your first set!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Curious freediver and entrepreneur
freedivera.com

Here are a couple of site to start your search. There are a lot of others too, and most are reputable'

freedivera.com
makospearguns.com/Spearguns-Railguns-s/37.htm

Any knowledgable experienced free divers could recommend me some good "starters" freediving equipment? There's a bunch of options, don't even know where to start or which to trust, if they're of good quality

If you want answers you probably should tell us more about yourself, your current capabilities and your goals. Freediving is a very broad category and it is hard to give good advice without more in depth info of what you aim at with your diving, what budget you have for this endeavour, etc...

Reactions: yvanc
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT