• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Recommended equipment

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

b4d

Mar 13, 2005
Hello,

I'am preety new to freediving, so I would ask which equipment (fins, snorkel, mask...) should I buy. I dive only in summer time so no cold water :p.

tnx

hi b4d

just some idea:

plastic freediving fins with soft- medium stiffness blade (like cressi gara 2000 ld or cressi 3000 or sporasub footpockets with extra blades)
neoprene socks (thickness depending on fit of footpocket)
small volume mask (like cressi minima)
any rubber weight belt
5mm tailormade freediving suit (check www.eliossub.com)
any cheap snorkel (i'd recommend omer zoom)

i'm sure you could order the whole lot from elios.
or check www.scubastore.com. they have a good reputation as well. you find a link here on db.

where exactly do you dive?

roland

The coasts of Slovenia and Croatia, Adriatic sea and some mediteranean sea.

as for fins...i went with the omer millenium competitions and love them. when i first took them out i couldnt believe how quick you can go with freedive fins using such lil effort.

As for the snorkel, if you are spearfishing, ive found it best to get a snorkel with the purge valve on the bottom and a simple splash guard on top. When i say simple mean it just has two slats that channel water to the sides. I was checkin the omer site and the Kios looks like the style id get, but depending on the price just find a cheaper brand. I only say this because with spearfishing you are going up and down and then swimming around on the surface, so anything that keeps water out of the snorkel just makes things easier.

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT