• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Question Recommended Wetsuits for Diving?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
What kind of diving? Freediving, scuba or both? It's possible to use a specialized wetsuit for the other, but obviously the best choice would be to buy the equipment designed for your kind of diving.

most affordable/best quality
Not sure those two properties can be found in the same suit, unless you start comparing to triathlon suits.

I use an Elios custom suit, which actually is my first suit. I knew that I would be diving many times a week, I even moved to a different country to live near the sea, so investing in something good from the start seemed a better choice than buying cheap stuff that's intended to be replaced often.

Reactions: DivingNomad
What kind of diving? Freediving, scuba or both? It's possible to use a specialized wetsuit for the other, but obviously the best choice would be to buy the equipment designed for your kind of diving.

Not sure those two properties can be found in the same suit, unless you start comparing to triathlon suits.

I use an Elios custom suit, which actually is my first suit. I knew that I would be diving many times a week, I even moved to a different country to live near the sea, so investing in something good from the start seemed a better choice than buying cheap stuff that's intended to be replaced often.
Hi, Freediving!

Thanks, I'll check this one out!

Hi, Freediving!

Thanks, I'll check this one out!
After years of freediving, recreationally, competitively, and in the industry (coaching and teaching)

You cannot go wrong with Elios. In terms of custom tailored wetsuits they are priced at the best value.. molchanovs is 200euro more for same quality, and other brands might be cheaper but won't last 3-5 years like a well taken care of elios does..

They make too many neoprene options, but I can narrow it down for you.. since you are a beginner (in the UK) you need a simple 5mm open-cell inside, stretch nylon outside.

Follow this link: https://www.eliossub.com/product/f___hoodie_pants/

and check the photo I attached , to see the selections you need to make to get the right neoprene.. the rest is straight forward, you may need to look around the website to find the measurement guide to know how to measure yourself..

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-11-07-07-43-27-921_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-11-07-07-43-27-921_com.android.chrome.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 271
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT