• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Record attempt's

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

H.Balázs

May 20, 2004
Hi all,

Who knoves anything about K. Meyer and Topi Lintukangas record attempts? I didnt found any information...:(

Balázs

All I know is that Topi should have attempted new WR in constant ballast no fins category in Nice during the last weekend. According to his own words there should have been some information regarding the attempt in www.suuntosports.com but at least I have not found anything.

We'll probably just have to be patient and keep waiting.

One of Topi's sponsors, RedBull Finland, reports that his attempts have failed.

According to information on www.redbull.fi (in Finnish only) Topi made two attempts to brake Herbert Nitsch's record of 66m. The first attempt was aborted at 58m due to equalizing problems - although Topi felt otherwise really good and relaxed on that dive. The second attempt was delayed since they needed to change the diving location. Topi states that he couldn't relax and concentrate properly, which ruined the second attempt. When asked about possible new attemps to gain the WR, Topi said that it remains to be seen.

Anyway, my congratulations to Topi for his great effort!

BTW, Topi's record attempts were filmed and will be included in a freediving documentary film (which will be released next spring).

Even though not successful, a world record attempt is always intresting to hear about. I wish there where more details.

This makes Stig Severinsens job more easy.
Last week of octobre he will attempt to break Herberts 66 meter.

It looks like this will be the last (for now) of a series of attempts.
David, Wolle, Herbert, Topi, Stig.

Carlos will also make an attempt but he is mainly focused on 133 meters VWT.

Sebastian

http://www.fridykning.se/

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT