• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Records Weekend - September 17 18

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
New schedule for this weekend (god you lot are as changeable as the weather!!!)

Sat AM first top 11.30am
John Moorcroft
Katja Kedenburg - Record Attempt
Liz Moor

Safety - Lammy Dave, Franck

Sat PM first top 3pm
Anne Marie Kitchen-Wheeler - Record Attempt
Katja Kedenburg - Record Attempt
Lammy Dave
Sam K

Safety - Franck, any other spare people

Tim and Zoe - training on the 25m line

Mark H and Sam K - Judging

Sunday - one session only, first top 11.30am
John Moorcroft
Mark Harris
Anne Marie
Jonny Gee
Anyone else - can dive 25m max

You know your depths - so I haven't put them on here

Not sure if we can cope with any more changes so please try and hold that post!!!

Dinner so far - Sam K, Anne Marie, Monkey Matt, Jonny G

Sorry but this weekend is now FULL! and Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze don't email me with any more depth changes

Next full meet is 15/16 Oct
Next ** course is 8/9 Oct

S

OK now hopefully all the changes are in - the schedule for Saturday looks like this
First top 12 noon
John M
Anne-Marie (record attempt)
Katya (revised depth and record attempt)
Liz
Jonny G
Sam K
Lammy D

Mark H - judging
Franck - safety diver

Tim and Zoe - on the 25m line

anyone else who turns up -on the 25m line

We will work out Sunday after Saturday

Dinner Sat night - Sam K, Katja and Karsten, AM and Matt, Mark and Laura, Jonny, Angels tbc - any more?

Angels are all out of town or out on the town :D ... polishing their halos. Dinner invite has been sent.

Beautiful day in the lake today!

Freedivers were - Mark H, me, John, Jonny, Liz, Franck, Dave, Tim, Anne Marie, Katja
Angels - Jon, Jason, Mark W, Laura, Lars, Trev, Brad, Ben (sorry if I missed anyone - there were a lot of you!)

Big thanks to Eric for being the Medic and being so thorough about it, to Matt for videoing - to both of them for rope pulling and to Carsten, Mark and Dave for carpentry skills making the shed secure for the winter!

Katja made a new German record in Free Immersion to 45m (pending approval from AIDA Deutschland but it looked good to us). Anne Marie has a bash at the women's one tomorrow.

Lots of Personal Bests today - congrats in particular to Lammy Dave - 30m is a big barrier and you did really well to beat it and come up smiling!

off to party a bit now - more news and maybe some photos tomorrow

S

Well done everyone - good luck today Anne Marie.

Lammy Dave - big congrats - nice feeling isn't it?

Enjoy the AGM guys and gals :D Be sure to fill me in with all the gossip - oops, I mean news :)

Donna

Thanks everyone for another great day

Mark Harris joins Deepest Dave as joint Kings of the Lake at 60M!!!! amazing!! AND he gets a prize for the most types of stroke attempted on the ascent (much to John and my consternation!)

Anne Marie takes the title of Queen of the Lake for her FI dive yesterday - the deepest woman's dive ever at Chepstow but not quite enough to break her UK record.

John M did what I think is our deepest ever No Fins dive - looked tough but beautifully done.

I actually got my tag for once too and equalled my UK PB with a lovely dive I rreally enjoyed so smiles all round

Huge thanks to everyone but especially to all the Angels for supporting us again. It made a massive difference to see you all down there with your lights - not to mention the encouraging shouts from the rebreather guys! Hope you enjoyed it too

See you all again soon - next full meet is 15/16 October (when I am also teaching the AIDA *** Course) but if anyone wants to come and do 25m max on the 8/9 Oct that might also be possible

for now all I wanna say is

HA HA I'M GOING TO DAHAB ON SATURDAY!!!!!!

xx

Last edited:
Thanks Donna,

It's nice and clear down there, looking forward to the next hurdle.

Lammy.

Great photos guys. Can I ask what is in one of the photos on the first page - photo DSCN1430? Trying to figure it out but it's doing my head in.

Cheers,
Ben

Hmmm, I wonder about that to. Looks like the duck poo that is usually around the lake, but there's a lot of it!! :D

I think it is barnacles and stuff on the underside of the pontoon floats - they used to be in the sea! sorry not duck poo this time (although Laura did find a dead rat floating around - nice!)

A little bit late, I know, but a big thanks to everyone who came along for making it another great weekend. A special thanks to Sam, John and the Angels, for putting up with my slow dive. Apologies for any stress caused. I wanted to carry on, it was the legs that didn't....

Thanks to The Angels ... always a pleasure to dive with. Congrats to Katya on her record, A-M on her depth, all the PB's and 60m man!

Attachments

• blondemap.jpg
    blondemap.jpg
    314.8 KB · Views: 170
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT