• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Recreational- depth wrecks

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
just to get an idea...

What kind of wreck do beginners generally start with? I'm hoping to start with that as a specialty soon...:p

In the Great Lakes we have a wide range of wrecks to choose from.

For guppies, new divers, we have wrecks that are as shallow as 5'-10' of watert that you can see from a kayak.

We also have wrecks that will go down as deep as you want to go.

Check out:
Nitroxplus.com for some pictures
PCdiving.com for recrational charters
Shipwreck adventures for technical charters.

We run trips year round, breaking ice in the winter to get out, and the water can get up to 70 degrees (F) in the summer with vis that will vary between 30'-85'.

Jon

looks like the trip is Feb 18 - 19 - 20

$560cdn ($365us) per person, taxes in - for 8 boat dives and 3 nights in the bucaneer Inn.

includes weights and tanks.

so far there are two of us - but for the same price we can put 4 in the hotel room. (saving cash)

Willer

That trip lands right in the middle of ethnic sensitivity training. :head

I can't believe the prices up there- one dive shop I know of is doing one boat dive, and the cost is $80. $365 for eight dives, plus lodging? Geez. And equipment rental for me is around $75 per trip.

Well, let me know how it goes. Have a great time, wish I was there...:(

Ethnic Sensitivity training? rofl

well if you can't make this one - might have another in the summer - depends if this poor student can get another job :D

the diving up here is unreal - and Rodale's just voted it #1 in north america AGAIN! 3yrs running - I love BC...

Either way - if you want to come up here lemmie know - always looking for an excuse to hit the water.

Willer

That sounds more possible. I'll probably have more experience by then. :p

It sounds like drysuit weather up there. Talk about a poor student needing a job; I want to buy a lot of gear. I was hoping to get through this semester without working. Darn it.

Yep, ethnic sensitivity/cultural diversity. :duh Try taking it four times, there's sensitivity coming out of your ears by then.

NC Wrecks

Rig mentioned Olympus Divers in Morehead City...They are great, but also check out Discovery Diving there. Or if you are a bit further south(Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach) Look up Capt. Roy at Acquatic Safaris. Too many wrecks to mention here!

Best of luck,
Matt

willer

Originally posted by Amphibious
water temp is about the same - figure 45 - 50. Have never been diving in Cali so couldn't compare.

Amazing diving though. deep, dark, Cold and WONDERFUL!

I'll try to PM you some websites on the locations and wrecks soon. I'm in Saudi Arabia right now so it might take a while as my internetnet time is pretty limited.

Willer

Amphibious, are you near Jeddah or Yanbu? i am near Bahrain and planning to dive the Red Sea sometime after August. "Dream Divers' in Jeddah looks good, what do you think?
-Willsrn

Last edited:
I'm in RT or ABQ this summer. Working in ABQ for mama Aramco.

Jeddah is OK - Yanbu is MUCH better - PM me and I'll hook you up with Hashim's contact. I liked Yanbu so much more then Jeddah, much better diving. have been to Jeddah twice - yanbu 3 times.

Will be in kingdom May 29th.

Willer

KSA Diving

Willer,
I am based in Dhahran. Mostly diving from Jubail. Is there any good diving in Ras Tanura? If so me and some of my buds will come up and visit you as we only are about 45 minutes away.
Will be out-of-kingdom from June 24th thru July 31st.
-William

Attachments

• i-wackis (2) (2).jpg
    i-wackis (2) (2).jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 234
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT