• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Reminder: "Berlin Masters Cup 2009" 21.2.2009

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Allright Im in :)

Looking forward to see you, Morten!

It looks a bit, though, that the Berlin masters is turning into a Danish Masters.

Are you guys planing to have any competitions of your own except the worlds or are you completley relying on your big neighbor? :t

There is still room for 8-9 more germans, if you have that many?

A Danish competition could be this one: Triple Challenge

Im sure you germans are most welcomed there! :)

Relying on out big neighbour? Who are you calling big? I hope we can settle that matter in the pool ! hehe...rofl

"Ahheeemmm.....This olympic 50m pool, aint big enough for both of us! - give that man some goggles and a pair of fins to do defend himself" rofl

I appreciate you are having this competition a lot - it will be my first try in a 50m pool...

See you,
:p Morten

Last edited:
Okay, -two germans more!:martial
But no danger for the Skandinavian:hmm
One for his first competitions
and one Oldie just for Fun:)

Just about one week to go and not even half of the athlets have payed their share.

Please do so as soon as possible. It is NOT ok to pay at arrivel. We did that in the past as a sort of an exception but people seem to think that is the normal case...

We need to pay for the copmetition in advance!!!

Here are the bank details:

Account holder: AIDA Deutschland e.V
Account number: 123286600
Bank: Volksbank Hamm eG: BLZ 41060120
IBAN: DE90410601200123286600
SWIFT/BIC: GENODEM1HMM
Subject: "11. BM 2009" + name of participant

here you can see who payed and how did not:
Announcing the 11th Berlin Master Cup 2009, February 21st, 2009

For those of you who booked accomodation, as long as you do not pay the booking is not falid. As the club house is filling up there might not be enough spaces for everyone. First come, first serve! So PAY! Or you sleep on the streets.

thanks for the information, I transferred the money a few days ago, but dont appear on the payed list yet. International money transfer sometimes takes a few days.

Kasper

thanks for the information, I transferred the money a few days ago, but dont appear on the payed list yet. International money transfer sometimes takes a few days.

Kasper

I second that...
Morten

some happy faces ...

Attachments

• berlin1.jpg
    berlin1.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 151
  • berlin2.jpg
    berlin2.jpg
    321.8 KB · Views: 147
To those of you who were not there: the cup saw a lot of strong perfomances from athletes from Germany, Denmark, Switzerland, the Netherlands, Poland and Italy. The perfomances were topped by a stellar perfomance by Jesper Stechman (DK) with pool record and two personal bests in one day: 211 m (DYN) and 7:38 min (STA) he was followed by the danish teen-diver Rune Hallum Sørensen with a solid perfomance at 162 m (DYN) and 5:40 min (STA). Robert Cetler from Poland completed the top three with a 150 m dive and a strong 6:17 minutes static apnea.

On the female side
Josephine Jørgensen from Copenhagen took the lead, propelled by a new danish record (her first) at 172 m in the dynamic with fins dicipline. She was followed by Bettina Wolfer (4:47 STA/124 m DYN) from Switzerland and Ilka Michaelis (4:25 STA/122 m DYN) from Germany

Congratulations to all participants and once again thanks to the organizers for yet another great Berlin Master cup!

Kasper

Last edited:
It was a great competition. i caught a cold the day before TOP but since its a mental sport as well I managede to do two PBs. Im now very close to my goals for 2009. Nice :)

I post some pictures of the impresssive silvermedal freediveteenager, Rune Møller Sørensen and his even younger coach Marcus Møller Bisch (who sadly was pushing his own DYN a bit too far...)

And also some pics of other danes. Lars Strandridder preparing static (5.44). Josefine Jørgensen celebrating a white card for 172m Dynamic. New National Record. And quite good world rank I guess...

Morten Villadsen

Attachments

• IMG_7504.JPG
    IMG_7504.JPG
    14.1 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_7521.JPG
    IMG_7521.JPG
    20.6 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_7544.JPG
    IMG_7544.JPG
    13.8 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_7575.JPG
    IMG_7575.JPG
    18.1 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_7503.JPG
    IMG_7503.JPG
    16.7 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
Thank you Kasper and Morten!

Such a high quality of performance is the best compliment for our organization.

It looks like we where doing quite a good job in making these first class athletes feel at home and give them a chance to show us all what they can do.

To work with four judges has proven to spare quite a bit of time and make the over all run much smoother. Maybe nextr year we should have a level B judge just in case Jesper or Josephine want to put some meters on...

We where thinking of putting on DNF but where not quite sure how to.

The obviouse question here would be if we would put it all in one day or make it a two days event. Some athletes said they would like to keep it all in one day as they enjoy traveling to Berlin on Friday evening/Saturday morning and travel back on Sunday.
Others said three disciplines in one afternoon would be too much.

If we do it in one setting we need to have four athletes starting at the same time. As the wall of the pool can be but upright dividing it in two, there would be a chance to have 4 lanes on the edge. But two of them would be in the lower end and two in the deeper. Would that create an unfair advantage/disadvantage for any athletes?

Just some ideas, I would like to share with you...

Cool Photo's Igor!

I whish I was there!

Love, Courage and Water,

Kars

The obviouse question here would be if we would put it all in one day or make it a two days event. Some athletes said they would like to keep it all in one day as they enjoy traveling to Berlin on Friday evening/Saturday morning and travel back on Sunday.
Others said three disciplines in one afternoon would be too much.
Too much.
I love it when a comp has 3 disciplines (more fun), but it's definitely good to have a 1 night sleep in between.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT