• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Repair of Elastic Open Cell Inside

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

tanteh

Nov 28, 2002
Hi Divers,

in contrast to some Topics already discussed, I had to repair sum cuts in the uncoated Inside of my Beuchat. I used Aquasure-Glue. The Problem: The cuts are pretty well fixed, but the Aquasure-Pads are much harder than the very soft Neopren. The result is that the Material now tears at the border of the Glue-Pads.

Any Ideas? Are there better Glues for elastic Material?

Cheers,
Carsten

I am not familiar with "Aquasure" glue, but it may be very similar to our "Aquaseal" that we have in the states. Aquaseal will harden up like that, and will cause tears along the side of the glue spot because it doesn't bend as easy.

I used a standard wetsuit glue that has much more streach to it. I only stitched up the outside because my suit had a nylon coating on the outside. With a slick rubber suit, gluing it alone should work.

Jon

I use a product called Seam Grip seam sealer. It works really well because it is very flexible after it dries. It was recommended to me over AquaSeal by a good dive shop.
Jim

Jim,

Is that the same stuff you use to seal up the seams on a tent?

Jon

Jon-
That is one of the uses stated on the tube. Stuff worked really well on my smooth skin Elios. I wish I had a digital camera to show how nasty, and for a while very depressing, that long gash in the sleeve was. It was a flap in the shape of a triangle.
Jim

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT