• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Repu-tell me again...

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

sinkweight

fat flotilla
Supporter
Aug 16, 2004
Papa Smurf! PAPA SMURF!

(sorry...viewing Smurfs rerun in my head)

I had a question about the rep points. You can move this thread to the Lights Are On But There's Nobody Home forum, if you feel it necessary...

..but what does it mean when members reputation "gems" are lit up bright green and some aren't?

I know this most likely has a logical answer I should have seen already, but I do have a major fault..

well...two of my major faults are my inability to catch on to things quickly, and failure to comprehend shapes and colors that light up.

These might explain my terrible, short-lived career as a sonar navigator on the Exxon Valdez.

Any help?

I mean the help with the rep points, not the Valdez tragedy...I already did my community frigate-bird-scrubbing service.

Your mentally perturbed minion,

Reactions: subaquaticus
sinkweight said:
Papa Smurf! PAPA SMURF!

(sorry...viewing Smurfs rerun in my head)

I had a question about the rep points. You can move this thread to the Lights Are On But There's Nobody Home forum, if you feel it necessary...

..but what does it mean when members reputation "gems" are lit up bright green and some aren't?

I know this most likely has a logical answer I should have seen already, but I do have a major fault..

well...two of my major faults are my inability to catch on to things quickly, and failure to comprehend shapes and colors that light up.

These might explain my terrible, short-lived career as a sonar navigator on the Exxon Valdez.

Any help?

I mean the help with the rep points, not the Valdez tragedy...I already did my community frigate-bird-scrubbing service.

Your mentally perturbed minion,

you do need help sinkweight.. are you colour blind? those buttons aren't actually green...

I think it might be different over there where you are, for some reason.

What color are they on your screen? Mine are greener than the Wizard of Oz's toilet.

(movie version, of course...in the book, everybody had to wear emerald-colored spectacles that made the "emerald city" green)

Your favorite Lollipop Guild representative,

Last edited:
Warren, Sara's pulling you leg I think, obviously your's should be bright blue.

:D :D :D

Adrian

To be honest - i'm not 100% sure. I believe the more darker green squares comapred to light green squares you have, the closer you are to getting to the next "level" of Rep.

Hmmm. if only there was a way to test that theory...:hmm *ahem-ahem.*

Oh I see, the darker green ones are "full up". Kind of like a dirty brake-fluid reservoir, then.

not that I think of rep points as dirty brake fluid, Stephen. :D

Sands was yankin' my chain, apparently. So was Adrian.

You got yours comin', you two. Mwaah-haa-haa-haaaaa!

heh-heh.

Oh by the way, I'm learning to make and animate my own avatars...like the one I have now...if you couldn't tell, it's a striped dolphin (I think are more handsome than bottlenoses). Takes a little time hand-drawing the GIF frames, but I think I'll get better at it.

Hugs and kisses, darlings.

Thanks, Stephen.

Sincerely,

Last edited:
sinkweight said:
Sands was yankin' my chain, apparently. So was Adrian.

You got yours comin', you two. Mwaah-haa-haa-haaaaa!

heh-heh.

Oh by the way, I'm learning to make and animate my own avatars...like the one I have now...if you couldn't tell, it's a striped dolphin (I think are more handsome than bottlenoses). Takes a little time hand-drawing the GIF frames, but I think I'll get better at it.

Hugs and kisses, darlings.

Thanks, Stephen.

Sincerely,

JEJEJEJEJEJEJEJEJEJE
gotcha ;)

i think the different colour entries are when you go to the next level.. kisses and hugs back to you Monsieur!

Stephan Whelan said:
To be honest - i'm not 100% sure. I believe the more darker green squares comapred to light green squares you have, the closer you are to getting to the next "level" of Rep.

Soooo . . . are there any reliable benchmarks we should be on the lookout for? Do you get a new "button" every 50 points? 100 points? And when do you go from "eventually famous" to "overarching trans-galactic"? How come some rep additions have 3 points and some have 5. Usually, I'm pretty good at pattern recognition but I can't make head nor tail out of this. No complaints, you understand, just amused bafflement. :D

Reactions: Alison
I think you get a new button every round 100 and your rep remark (whatever you call it at every halfway mark (at the x50) so from looking at yours sarge,I can tell you have a score of between 100 and 150. I think that the difference in the points is dependant on the rep level of who gives you the rep, it would be interesting to get some from Sven to see (not very likely, he thinks if he gives it out he will loose some of his own ;) whoops I see some negative coming my way :D))

O.K., that makes sense. And your guess is quite good, I'm at 130. Maybe if I ever manage to really spear a fish and can post the picture . . .

BTW, I thought that negative rep wasn't possible any more?

Oldsarge said:
BTW, I thought that negative rep wasn't possible any more?
The mentors still have the evil button :D so we can dish it out to bad posts

Rep (Reputation) points, before the sleek new changes made to Deeperblue, were known as karma, or karma points. Reputation points (positive or none) are given by moderators, mentors and members to other moderators, mentors, and members alike, depending upon what you thought of this or that person's threads and posts. Clicking on little weight scale at the top, right corner of each post frame is how you initiate the Reputation window.

Well isn't this nice...I'm going to give you a rep point as I teach you how to spread the love...or in some cases discerning unapproval. :)

I click on the little weight scale icon, it opens a new, smaller Reputation window (picture included below). I either leave the "I approve" bullet highlited, or not...but in this case I definitely approve of your plea for answers.

So then I'll type you one of my trademark not-so-clever-messages, then I click "Add to Reputation" and I get a warm, fuzzy feeling inside...but I think it's from all this vodka I'm drinking.

Use it kindly and wisely. Although I should know better, I give it out for the silliest reasons sometimes. I use'em for saying hello to members that I haven't heard from in a while, or as little treats for when somebody has reached a new personal best. Or just because I like somebody.

This only works for a bit, as you can't really give someone a lot of reps in a row. A friendly reminder will tell you to spread it around for a while, then try it again. You can check your reputation points and their respective messages in your User Control Panel, or User CP.

hope I helped.

Attachments

• drunkinbda reputation.jpg
    drunkinbda reputation.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 231
awesome..thanks a lot. that is totally not what i was thinking. for some reason i thought i was either recommending other members to the site or something. well..that was very good info..lets see if i can do this..lol even though i prob should be doin it in the "test forum".. oh...its not here in the replay window...

Edit: ok...i sent you some love...didnt show up..i guess that is what they are talkin about wiht the 100pts per rep score??
is there anyway to check where i got my rep from?? or how many pts i have?

Edit again: found that!!! cool..someone liked my joke!!! :thankyou

Last edited:
so i was wondering, whats the code of conduct after you get rep points? Thank the repper? give some rep back? or accept is a nice gesture and continue posting??

I don't typically give rep for rep that someone gives me, not instantly anyway. It works as if it were still karma on most occasions. One tends to give rep to people that share the same frame of mind, so in the end one will get rep from that person somewhere later on.

I have a hard time taking a compliment, and I know that the members that gave me rep will say or do something that earns my approval in some other thread, or mabye the same thread, but a later post.

So to summarize, which i tend to take a long time to realize I should do in the first place, one would agree to "accept is a nice gesture and continue posting". They'll almost always give you a reason to give'em a reciprocal pat on the back down the line.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT