• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Rest before competition

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

freddie.lui

Aug 15, 2016
Hi fellow freedivers,
I will have my first freediving pool competition very soon and I want to know some tips about how should I train right before the competition day. Should I stop training for days before the competition or stop doing big dives or like just do some stretches?

Hi Freddie,

It really depends on the sum of your previous training. Have you been training regularly (2-3 days per week) for the past 4-8 weeks?

If you have had a regular training schedule then the only thing you can do in the last week before a competition is make your self tired. If that's the case the best thing to do would be stop all training for the last week before the competition. Stretching is ok to do everyday if you enjoy doing it.

If you haven't been training regularly for a long period of time then it is possible to continue training up to the comp to help develop and maintain your dive response. As long as your body and mind feel freash you can do some relatively easy training closer to the comp. For sure stay away from big dives or long breath holds, and take at least 1 day off before the comp.

Nathan

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT