• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Results 2nd Dutch Free DiveINN

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Jorg

Sharkbait
Nov 15, 2001
NEW WR Dynamic / Results 2nd Dutch Free DiveINN

Hi, just finished the 2nd Dutch Free DiveINN...

Stig Severinsen did a new worldrecord of 204 meters in dynamic with fins. 6 min after Stig, Peter Pederson did an unsuccesfull 210 meter dive!

Kevin Roberts from the UK set a new national record of 113 meters dynamic without fins!

Men
1. Stig Severinsen 172 points!!!
2. Jens Kapalczynski 102,5 points
3. Remko Hermans 98,5 points

Women
1. Cristina Rosenkranz 97 points
2. Isabelle Hermand 83 points
3. Nicole Schmidt 82 points

Now a quick shower and then party!

Soon a big report with pictures and videos on www.immersion.nu... I've taken tomorrow of to do this... so watch that website.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fred S.
Timing of WR Dynamic

Stig's 204 mtr Dynamic
50 mtr - 0:28 - 28 sec
100 mtr - 1:00 - 32 sec
150 mtr - 1:31 - 31 sec
200 mtr - 2:05 - 34 sec
204 mtr - 2:09 - 4 sec

Peter's 209 mtr Dynamic (DQ)
50 mtr - 0:31 - 31 sec
100 mtr - 1:02 - 31 sec
150 mtr - 1:33 - 31 sec
200 mtr - 2:04 - 31 sec
209 mtr - 2:11 - 7 sec

I just made a video file (7mb) of stig's dynamic. I will place it online later this evening.

Jorg,

how can I see the report and video...I'm registered but can't find anything.

Thanks,

William

Hy, I'm the guy who missed the third place by only 1,5 points, damn!

But nevertheless it was a great event, really nice atmosphere, thanks to Pim and Jorg who did a great job.

See you next year.:D

Congratulations to all the competitors, especially Stig.

Stig's dynamic of 204m gave him enough points to tie for 1st place, even if he got a DQ in static! 204m = 102pts, and 2nd place was 102.5pts! So he would have nearly won even without his 7'01 static.

Seems kind of strange when the leading competitor only needs to compete in one of the two categories in order to win!

Eric Fattah
BC, Canada

Another interesting statistic: Manual Lucas had the 2nd longest dynamic with fins, with 111m. He announced 2'30 in static and failed to reach it, managing only 2'19. Yet, his 111m dynamic probably took almost the same amount of time as his static!

Eric Fattah
BC, Canada

Originally posted by efattah
Congratulations to all the competitors, especially Stig.

Stig's dynamic of 204m gave him enough points to tie for 1st place, even if he got a DQ in static! 204m = 102pts, and 2nd place was 102.5pts! So he would have nearly won even without his 7'01 static.

Seems kind of strange when the leading competitor only needs to compete in one of the two categories in order to win!

Eric Fattah
BC, Canada

His 204m would have also been enough for a 2nd place in the CAFA competition (static + dynamic) ;)

..he would have been 4th if you count all three disciplines - very strange

Last edited:
Reactions: Fred S.
Originally posted by st3fan
His 204m would have also been enough for a 2nd place in the CAFA competition (static + dynamic) ;)

True, although the CAFA competition was in a 25m pool. 204m in a 25m pool would be VERY impressive!

Eric Fattah
BC, Canada

Even 204m in a 300m pool would be impressive...!

Here in Vancouver we have a 137.5m pool....

Eric Fattah
BC, Canada

What!? Are you kidding? Are there any pictures online, I'd love to see it!

Adrian

Originally posted by efattah
Another interesting statistic: Manual Lucas had the 2nd longest dynamic with fins, with 111m. He announced 2'30 in static and failed to reach it, managing only 2'19. Yet, his 111m dynamic probably took almost the same amount of time as his static!

Eric Fattah
BC, Canada

That is a ridiculous disparity. I would think that this fella has an easy 5 min static in him.....somewhere :confused:. Is it a rule that you need to be holding still during a static attempt? Maybe he would do better by swimming around the shallow end :head. What I can't understand is 'why'. Pain? The 'lungburn' I get during dynamics far exceeds that of statics.

Very strange.
Ted

Last edited:
I have noticed that during apnea walking te urge to breathe suddenly declines at about the 1:30 mark. About 30 seconds later it is replaced by the irresistable urge to pass out, which usually motivates me to resume breathing ;).

hi

Yeah Ted I get that same extreme lung burn in dynamics that does not occur in statics, I always thought it was cos Im unfit, I usually can only hold 3 contractions in a dynamic before I come up with a close samba :hmm

cheers

As Manuel Lucas seems not to react, I will do it for him. He has a 4 min static ability and over 100m in dynamic but as everybody noticed at least once, statics are about motivation (to fight against pain after the beginning of the contractions) and also relaxation (to delay contractions). Competitions induce exactly the opposite of relaxation if you are not used to them and I know he likes dynamic but I am not sure he really enjoyed static.
I already had the same problem in a competition. I have a static ability between 5min 30 to 6min (I do not know as I never train static because I hate it) and once in a competition, I stopped at 3min45 just because I could not self-motivate enough to fight contractions. If I remember well I got out after the first one and usually, I can go through 2min30 to 3min of awfull contractions!!? This day I was not motivated and it costs me a lot of points as I announced 4min30.

Reactions: bruno
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT