• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Riffe Enclosed Track, it is not what you think.......

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Iyadiver

Mr. Long Post
Apr 22, 2002
Guys,

I just received my enclosed kit a week ago. I was asking lots of question to Riffe before I ordered it, I guess I over expected it. Riffe answer was simple, the enclosed track was designed for free shafting spearo in mind and it come only in one diameter, one diameter fits up to 5/16" shaft. I thought about the one diameter fits all ...how come ???

After looking at it I know now. This EC kit is not something you will find from Kitto (derlin ) or Alexander (teak ). The enclosed track material is the same as the regular open track plastic insert you find on all Metal Tech series. It is thin and offer no rigidty. I don't think it will do any good ( not for my kind of experiment, no way ) to prevent shaft whip, it wasn't designed in mind for that.....:waterwork ...DAMN.

Basically I find it more of a shaft keeper, fits and enclosed a 5/16" shaft very well. I could not even be bothered to test it cause if a 9/32" (7mm) or 5/16" (8mm) shaft can whip when made of metal, this soft plastic EC kit will not help, that's my conclusion. The soft plastic material just get to grip shaft so that it will not fall off & allow directional stability when the shooting line is not being wrapped around the shaft ala Riffe/Alexander or when free shafting. I bet the free shafting community will be happy about this.

As how accuracy can be improved with this EC track when shaft is not being overpowered, I don't know and I don't want to know because I am using my MT3 exclusively with 3/8" shaft. I just love 3/8" shaft when powered up.

Gee, I thought I would have own an enclosed track gun....:head No wonder the kit cost so cheap. I think I will call it a "sissy" enclosed track if not a free shafting enclosed track.... he he he he.

hi Iya

Sorry about your problems there my good friend I guess those Riffe guys dont make guns powerful for Iyas standards. Maybe you could start making your own guns built for extreme people who want 15 rubbers :D

And Iya I thought you would be interested to know that I built my first 3 rubber gun. Considering how much of a Single band guy I am this is something that sits in a different cupboard to my single band euros. Its has 50cm barrel undersee mechanism an 8mm shaft with 3 16mm rubbers this gun is used for diving up in the mountains and waterfalls :D

cheers

Originally posted by Iyadiver
What do you shoot in those fresh water , or you are kidding me.... he he he he

He become a freshwater spero after the tiger story:D

creature of necessity bro...i would spear in a Fisch Bros. well if that was all I had
;)

I respect people who go do it instead of whining b/c they dont have the best hunting grounds, big fish, ect...

hi

Iya its a secret shhh, nah I spear the native birds with my speargun Joking.

Nah I will hunt the ocean again soon just gonna be more wary from now on. We just got a new outboard for our 20ft boat. Its a Yamaha 200hp HPDI model its supposedly 30% better on fuel then a normal engine dad wants to give it a run this weekend so who knows.

cheers

Those Yamaha are 4 strokes or 2 strokes with Direct Injection ? If it is the new 4 strokes please tell me about it, I have not seen one in my city, only heard about them. How much does one of that cost in ur place ? Thanks

Don't the have the shark electronic repellent ( shark pod ) which is now smaller unit ? I think it now goes for like US$400 or something. Very small unit unlike the old big model. Maybe you should look into that.

IYA

hi

Iya the only problem with those shark pods is Abri told me they scare off pelagic fish also.

The motor is a High pressure Direct injected 200hp 2 stroke. It cost just over $20 000. Supposedly 30% better on fuel which will be really good considering the distance we travel to outer reefs. Also when idiling around it cuts down to 4 cylinders or something instead of using all the power. We got a 19 inch prop on it and havent tested it yet but with the 17 inch prop the boat was doing 32mph at 4000rpm which is pretty good for a recreational fishing boat.

cheers

Sweet engine......... Does it come with the new fuel flow computer that can be installed as options on Yamaha ? That thing will tell you a lot and get push the extra mile.

Switch on the POD only when the sharks appear.....how ?

This spearo i dived with has a pod which he uses for these pinacles 30k's offshore (thats a lot for south africa!). he says that there is always a great white there trying to eat someone :duh
they also have problems with the oceanic whitetips. they go to the spot to get big couta (macs or whatever) so it may be possible to dive with a pod and still get fish.

hi

Always a Great White trying to eat someone :naughty Man that guys nuts, Ive gotta but a new Wetsuit first though :hmm

cheers

hi Iya

Not sure about the Fuel flow thing but I do know that the shop where we bot it has a lap top which they hook up to the motor and can tell how fast weve been doing what problems and all this other technical stuff its too much technology for me. Dad is currently testing it up the local creek, I woke up to late :duh

cheers

20 000$ for just motor! ! ! I don`t know much about them but this is pretty much money. Now i know why are you using railgun.You were saving for the motor right???:duh :duh

hi

He He Murat nah my Railgun is old school its been here since the Earth cooled. Seriously its my old mans motor so I didnt have to pay a cent and I get to go out with it just as much as him pretty :cool:

cheers

Originally posted by ivan
hi

He He Murat nah my Railgun is old school its been here since the Earth cooled. Seriously its my old mans motor so I didnt have to pay a cent and I get to go out with it just as much as him pretty :cool:

cheers

Lucky boy....

hi

Yeah I just tell my old man how good his motor is and that we should go diving then thats my ticket :D

cheers

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT