• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

riffe masks and snorkel

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I have not tried these yet but I would suggest seeing what your local stores have in stock. I would suggest an Omer or Sporasub or Cressi for example... these usually are always in stock and are great quality... try find a mask which has a good small volume and most important of all on that fits your face comfortably
Good Luck!

Just picked up the riffe sight and used it today...very good seal all around and most comfortable mask I've used thus far...
The strap is also grooved so as not to slip off the hood. The other versions are for bigger noses or wider faces which its best if you tried it on to see which one fits you best. The local dive shop carries riffe products and so were able to get them in.

I've been using the original AQA Mantis mask forever. I started out with the rubber ones, then went to silicone. Now I use the amber lensed ones. I've gotten so spoiled with the amber, I don't want to back to anything else :(

The volume is a little large, but it fits incredibly well. My next mask will be the Sight ones since it has lower volume.

If you go into your local store & find a mask that fits really well, that would obviously be your best bet. If you're going to take a chance, these are good masks.

Riffe makes an awesome snorkel. It is totally dry, itls got the shield thingy ovet the top which minimizes water entry from the top. Also, it has a purge valve at the bottom of the mouthpiece area. Very easy to blow H2o out without using much force. The actual shaft part of the snorkel is completley flexible. It is not that rubber type of bendable stuff found at the "U" part b/t the shaft and the mouthpiece. It is some sort of plastic. You can bend it and fold it in half, and it pops right bach up straight without leaving a creace or crack. The masks- they offer a couple of different selections. Pay close attention to the shape of your face. The styles are geared twoards how your face is shaped. The lenses come in mirror finish, clear, and yellow. VERY COOL!

Dont suppose anyone can shed any light on a lense choice dilemma can they??

I am about to order the Riffe Naida mask and i love the idea of mirrored lenses. Do any drawbacks come with these? What about amber?

I will be hunting in the Uk is about 20ft vis. the water is not exactly bright, but not too dark either!!! I will aslo be travelling next year, and will be in the maldives and dubai... and intend to use it there.

Any imput would be very happliy recieved.

Cheers,
Huw.

I own a Riffe frameless mask, and I like it a lot so far. If it is on really tight it starts to bump against my forehead (I have HUGE brows), but not uncomfortably so. But I guess this is normal with most low volume masks?

I haven't seen any of the colored lenses so far. The mirrored lens might reflect and spook fish.

Just got the naida riffe mask with clear lenses this morning (for Christmas :D), but am up country - so obviously not tried it yet. i will let you all know how i get on... however first impressions are very good! Really low profile, good vision - and build quality is superb... there was quite heavy fogging at first, however a rinse with the toothpaste and its clear as crystal!

Merry Christmas to all,

Huw.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT