• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

RIFFE-OMER Hatteras Blue Water Open. Aug 8 to 11 . 2002

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Iyadiver

Mr. Long Post
Apr 22, 2002
This may be old news but in case anyone here did not get a chance knowing about it, go to :

http://speargun.com/riffeomerbwopen

or just www.speargun.com

BTW, anyone knows if this is a first tournament Riffe ever actually sponsors ?

There is a rumour that besides all the prizes, Jay Riffe will personally custom made 3 Metal Techs for the champion. Here is the specification of the gun :

01. The very first Riffe enclosed track version of Metal Tech. Winner will get it before Riffe scheduled release, so winner may take pride in owning the very-very first before anyone else. Jay Riffe probably already has one for himself, Julie too.

02. Not only one Metal Tech, but 3 of them. Bravo !!!!!
One will come with enclosed track for 9/32 shaft, second one with 5/16" shaft and the third will come with the regular open track to use with 3/8 shafts.

03. If you think Metal Tech is not expensive enough, I am not finished yet. This gun will not be made of the regular extruded aluminum but it will be made entirely from Titanium alloy code name Allvall 17T-Ci. This is no ordinary Titanium alloy, this is aerospace grade. Do you know that there are so many types of Titanium alloy ? I don't. This gun will not be anodized cause no need, instead it will have a chemical treatment to give it a very dull platinum look to avoid the fishes from thinking it is a big Teaser.

04. The muzzle will not be the plastic or the aluminum, also entirely Titanium. The end butt will also not be of the regular plastic but it will be made of special Polymer composition that will make Derlin look like a pre-historic material.

05. The shaft will not be the regular 17-4 spring stainless steel but it will be made of K-5000 material. This is what they used for propeller shaft on the Nimitz class aircraft carrier - nuclear powered engine. This shaft cost so much money, only military and goverment can afford them, but Jay is using it. I guess small diameter ones is still affordable.

06. All other components of stainles steel will be replaced by Titanium. I think if anyone loose the gun underwater for a year, he will still be able to use it after cleaning up the barnacle.

07. Winner name will be engraved on the gun, next to the Riffe logo.

08. Last but not least, I LIED about this rumour ... he...he....he...
:p :duh :rcard But the tornament is real and I won't be joining.

Flame me boys........................:D :D

IYA

Chief,

It will be better to lie as a joke for everyone 2 get excited . Afterall I admitted it on the last sentence.............
So, I 'm still honest anyway.

IYA

Come On Anderson, the Tournament is real. I just want to tease fellow readers. Anyway, Riffe is realy coming out with the enclosed track on Metal Tech for 9/32" and 5/16" shafts soon, very soon, perhaps well before the year end. This is real. Don't think I am half the world away and I know last.

If any of you thought that u have problems with Riffe Metal Tech accuracy, this is the solution, even tough Jay Riffe made the enclosed track actually for free-shatfting spearos.

BTW, I still can joke more........ can't I ???

ENJOY.
Iya

and maybe a few sandwiches short of a picnic. :D

you know, you're slinky's kinked,
about half a bubble off level,
too much chlorine in your gene pool,
a few peas short of a casserole,
belt doesn't go through all the loops,
missing a few buttons on your remote.

rofl

but, i'll give you the creative bit. ;)

i think the consensus here suggest you use loctite to keep that screw from coming loose, buddy. :cool:

by the way, when are the enclosed tracks by riffe coming out? any idea?

later days,
andrsn

He he he.:D

I get it IB, SEEK HELP. This is good, I'll add that 2 my database.:eek:

Riffe enclosed track will come out soon, I think in 2-3 months . I get it from a very reliable source, a good friend. They were supposed to launch it May 2001 according to Hawaiian Skin Diver but there was a production delay somewhere.

Supposedly they will also sell the "enclosed track only" as upgrade kit. The current open track is a piece of plastic strip which is inserted on top of the barrel opening. Cool design. Like the JBL ( aluminum ) plastic track but I suppose no glue required.

I been looking at the Metal Tech, the way ther are put together, I have to give thumbs up to Jay Riffe. I seen a lot of problems on galvanic corrossion on yacht's underwater gear and all disimiliar metal to metal contact problems.

There are so many fine details Jay put in the Metal Tech to avoid the galvanic corossion, I'm impressed.

I think if the enclosed track comes out the production line, the longest Metal Tech can be the basis for good blue water gun. I am not talking about the recoil but the strength of the extruded aluminum used and the availability of the new aluminum muzzle. We know the trigger can handle up to 600 pounds safely. No matter how you put it, teak stock can not be as strong as aluminum, but teak sure looks and feel beautiful.

IYA

Actualy in Australia we would say... A stuby short of a six pack :) :duh *grins*
lol IYa you certainly had me going first time i read it... lol!!!
Too bad that Riffe doesn't actualy do it sometime! (preferably in aus so i can have a crack... hehehe :)
Later!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT