• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Riffe snorkel

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Jon

Dairyland diver
Supporter
Apr 7, 2001
Has anyone tried out this Riffe snorkel yet?

It looks pretty good, kind of like the old Farallon.

Jon

Last edited:
Don’t waste your money

Well, I spent my money and came away pretty disappointed. It’s nothing like the old Farallon’s and almost identical to the, much cheaper, H20 snorkels.

I tried doing some laps with it today in the pool (over/ unders) and have to stop after 30 minutes because the sharp edges on the mouthpiece was starting to tear away at my mouth. You’d think that a company that makes such great guns would put their name on a higher quality snorkel than that. I guess I could send it back, but after paying for shipping, both ways; it’s cheaper to just keep it.

Jon

BTW: Ted bought one of the new Riffe purge snorkels, which sell for around $45, and the purge fell out of it 5 minutes after we hit the water! He was not a happy camper

Jon said:

BTW: Ted bought one of the new Riffe purge snorkels, which sell for around $45, and the purge fell out of it 5 minutes after we hit the water! He was not a happy camper

Bummer. Is that the one called the Stable on the web site? If so, I've had one for about a year and it has held up just fine. Maybe I'm lucky.

I'm not sure about the snorkel but the mask are made by AQA.The best snorkel I had I got from wally world.It lasted a long time(4 years)but finally fell apart at the swivel. It looked like the riffe but was all plastic except the mouth peice and had a purge.I've tryed to find a replacement but have been just making do .

John. If you got any snorkels made that way i'd
be happy to buy them from you .

I have the "J" tube snorkel that's listed on the Riffe site and Ted was the one who had the "Stable" snorkel- I'm not a big fan of purges on my freediving snorkels, just my U/W hockey ones.

Actually, the mouthpiece on mine feels exactly like the one I had on the H20 scuba no-purge snorkel I bought a couple of years ago- except that one was made out of rubber and not silicone. The mouthpice itself is small, like for a child or something, and the finishing isn't the best on it, which is why it started cutting up my mouth.

Ted called the place he bought his from and they are sending him a new purge valve, or maybe just exchanging his snorkel outright.

Jon

That is why I will never give up my Farallon, I keep buying them as they show up on ebay to keep mine going!

No wonder I can never find them on Ebay! :duh

Jon ;)

Don’t despair, I think I have enough now. They show up every now and then, usually attached to some monster scubapro 3 sided mask. I was very lucky to find 2 about 1 year ago that were almost new in box condition with un-bit teeth moulds (both went for about $10 + shipping), they should last me well into the future. If I every see any more I will let you know.

John

Yeah, I was bidding on one just yesterday and it got sniped from under me in the last 10 seconds of the auction- I was the only bidder up until that point! :vangry

It did come with a monster mask.

Jon

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT