• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Riffe speargun,rear or mid??

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

jorgetes

Jan 1, 2004
Hello sirs,

New in this forum.I,m going to buy a riffe speargun(N NO KA OI, i think))and i,m several days asking me if would be better midle or rear speargun??
Nobody can told me the diference and i have sent many mails to Mr.Riffe and never get answer.
Somebody have it??What,s your riffe opinion??.

Thanks so much for your answer and sorry for my poor english
:duh

HELLO AGAIN!

I,m fishing big pelagics(leerfihs,greater amberjack..... )and 100-120 lb tunas.Can,t find sharks in the mediterranean:t !!

Thanks

Than you're in the right place :D

I dont have much knowledge about riffe guns but I guess a powerfull totem gun will do your job.

Why dont you think totem tuna?

I think its cheaper than riffe, if you make search on totem tuna, maybe you could get a clue about its price.. I guess its around 300-350 euro??

The Mid-handles balance better in the water and tracking a moving target is easier, but the rear handles are a little easier to aim. It all boils down to personal preference. With any new gun you're going to have to put in a certain amount of practice to learn where it's hitting.

hey, i have also been looking into buying a riffe also, i dont shoot fish as big as 100- 120 lb but hamour, amberjack, queenfish, king fish etc. i have been looking into the riffe competitor series, anyone got any comments on those?
thanks a lot :D

jonny, the comp2 is a great all round speargun IF YOU ARE SET ON WOODEN GUNS (in my opinion up to a 100cm gun, go for OMER, Cressi etc... much lighter and maneuverable versus RiFFE, but ver 100 gor for the bigger guns), we shot many varieties with it, even big 1.6m barracudas... you dont need the bigger mid handles unless you are constantly hunting big game fish...then go for no ka oi or bigger

I own 2 Riffe guns: the "Island" and the "Mid-range". I know the Island is one size larger than the No-ka-oi, and I think that the Mid-range is one size smaller. I use the Island where I may need to reach a fair distance (WSB & Yellowtail, etc...) And the Mid-range mostly for halibut. I like mid-handle. I think that I would buy a Wong if I had it to do over again.

I own 2 Riffe guns: the "Island" and the "Mid-range". I know the Island is one size larger than the No-ka-oi, and I think that the Mid-range is one size smaller. I use the Island where I may need to reach a fair distance (WSB & Yellowtail, etc...) And the Mid-range mostly for halibut. I like mid-handle. I think that I would buy a Wong if I had it to do over again.

I too have the midrange gun. I changed the shaft to a 9/32" single flopper and dropped to two 9/16" bands and a single wrap of line. It's not as powerful as it could be, but so far it's been a great NorCal gun, and (at least for me), much more accurate than the stock setup.
Ron.

Reactions: TEXASFIVEGUN
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT