• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Rob Allen 1.3 or Rabitech 1.3...hmmm

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Jordan

Jan 21, 2003
Just when you think you're ready to buy ANOTHER gun, something else comes up. I wanted to get 1.3m Rob Allen with a single 20mm band but recently found out about Rabitech. Any significant difference between the quality of the barrels or trigger mechanism? RA's are easy to come by, but I haven't been able to find a site that carries Rabitechs. Any info is greatly appreciated!!!

Jordan
USNA

Hey Jordan. Welcome to the fold. This website has some info on rabitechs and Florida Freedivers sells them, but only w/ carbon barrels. Email Cherryl at Florida Freedivers and she'll send you a price list. Please tell her I sent you. :)

Anderson

P.S. I have the aluminum 130cm Rabitech and think it's great. Much quieter than the RA and I like the handle trigger mech better too.

Its generally agreed by people who have used both that the Stealth is quiter than the RA's but that there is no difference in power or accuracy. The trigger mech is supposedly toughened up but since it also uses the euro style "pinch action" sear its probably not worth the risk loading 2 20mm rubbers on it.

Dogmatrix bought one recently as did a few of the guys on the Adrenaline forum (www.spearfishing.com.au), I have an RA myself and am very happy with that!

Thanks guys. I just wondering about the parts and quality vs the accuracy (an RA is tough to beat). I just ordered a sport tube to carry my gun during spring break and found out it can hold two...SOOOO that gives me an excuse to get an RA and Rabitech so I don't waste any space.
Thanks for the links, I'll tell FF who showed me the way javascript:smilie(':cool:')
cool

Jordan

hi

Ra's are fairly tuff guns, though I have broken the trigger sear on my 110. I own a 110, 150. My dad currently has a 130 Wabitech like Andrsn's. Go for the Rabitech the trigger is at least a little bit beefed up and more comfy. As they said quiter as well :cool:

cheers

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT