• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Rob Allen loading butt?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

fuzz

Hawaiian transplant...
Sep 9, 2002
In the Florida Freedivers catalog, I noticed an item labelled "Loading Butt for Handle"

Thought about it and I've never seen a Rob Allen with a loading butt. Any one seen one or have a picture of one?

Local store carries some Rob Allens, but after a near-knockout experience with a butt-less esclapez, I'd rather have one and it was one of the main things pushing me towards the Rabitech.

Hi fuzz
check out this link. they have a pic of one under gun accessories. they also have a good gun loading tutorial for chest and stomach loading.

http://www.geocities.com/supefrog/catalogue.html

the pic on the site isnt very good, so this may give a better idea of it

cheers

Mark

for interest sake, what do you think of their floats?

Attachments

• dcp_0004_1a.jpg
    dcp_0004_1a.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 641
Reactions: Mr. X and fuzz
Those floats look... interesting. Lots of space, but looks like it'll act like a kite too :(

Thanks for the pic Griff - good hunk of Karma coming your way ;)
Do you think the loading butt is solid enough? I can't properly tell how it's attatched to the butt of the gun :confused:

Jay, I'm glad they came around :hmm

nuthin worse than a buttless euro. :mute

and that pad sure is aero! :hmm friggin :girlie guns...

:t sven

Sheesh , I really am getting old ; what happened to the good ole days when you simply grabbed your gun and swam out to the reef ? :confused:

I hear ya Abri, next thing you know we'll all be :girlie and using Riffe's......

Willer

and not too long after that I guess everyone will be landing fish...;)

Why do you guys need loading butts on your handles? Do you not have a loading pads on your suits? I find the loading butt uncomfortable and gets in the way when aiming.

Rob Allen.

Hey Rob, welcome! You've just entered the driest, wittiest place around. Must be the wood...;)

sven

Thanks for the welcome, I needed to see what all the fuss is about........ still looking!

Rob Allen.

Welcome Rob.

WHen are you guys going to get a dealer in Europe. I've got a few contacts in Spain if your interested!!!

Keep those posts coming

Shane.

If you speak Spanish I will, If not I will relay the Info for you.

Would this be of interest to you??

Shane

Welcome Rob. May be you guys wanna have dealer in Cyprus too.
You will be open new era in euro vs Riffe (wood) battles. Seems Abri found the strongest ally ever.:D

Welcome Rob,
Glad to have you aboard, nice to have a manufacturer to ask questions to directly and looking forward to using your guns.
Jay

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT