• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Rob Allen Theft - July 27th

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

fuzz

Hawaiian transplant...
Sep 9, 2002
Posted by Michael McCallum in spearfishing.com.au forums:

Hi Everyone

Please be aware that in the early hours of 27 July 2003 our 40 foot container full of Rob Allen stock scheduled to be shipped to Victoria was broken into. The thieves stole all of the railguns (approx 450 in total) and almost 1000 spears (amazing as they weighed almost 700kg).

Unfortunately the thieves decided to torch the container and in doing so destroyed the entire contents due to be shipped to Victoria today. All of the remaining contents have been rendered unusable by the fire. Also destroyed were 7,000 catalogues, all the RA posters, RA clothing, sample wetsuits, gloves, booties etc.

Stolen Rob Allen gear

The guns and spears that have been stolen could shortly be in circulation and I would ask any retailers or spearos who are approached to buy any Rob Allen equipment or hear of any cheap RA gear being offered for sale from anyone other than Rob Allen Australia to notify me immediately on 0409 298 603 or mmccallum@roballendive.com.

It is almost impossible for this gear to be disposed of without any retailers or spearos being made aware of it. The stolen railguns are very distinct as they sport the new RA stickers (as per the 2003 catalogue) and should still be in new packaging.

If someone does offer you gear, please try to find as much information about the prospective seller such as car rego, physical descriptions, mobile numbers etc so that the information can be passed on to the police. On the off chance that anyone has any information which may assist in the recovery of the gear, please contact me immediately.

Where to from here

At this stage we are insured although insurance companies being what they are, you never know.

We will be placing a large replacement order with Rob Allen today. Rob has agreed to rush us an emergency order with the view to a larger order being shipped in time for a huge summer.

Regardless, the show must go on, this is a minor hiccup and one that we will bounce back from stronger than ever. At this stage we have postponed our transfer to Victoria for a few days until the insurance issues are resolved. Accordingly, we are still contactable on (0 9249 5499 or mobile 0409 298 603.

Whilst we are delighted with the demand for Rob Allen gear, we never expected it to get to this level! This reaffirms that Rob Allen is quite clearly the "hottest" gear on the planet. (joke)

Please feel free to contact me with any queries you may have.

Kindest regards

Michael McCallum

slime balls

Those guys are slime. I would check e-bay and all dive auction sites everyday. Your right, it’s going to be hard for them to get rid of them unnoticed. With all the security at ports, how did they manage to break into a shipping container, steal the contents, and burn the container?
don

Security at ports:D this is aus mate they cant stop heaps of drugs coming in and guns (pistols) for druggies to get money for drugs?
so robbing a container should be no hassle here.
at a boat ramp car park next to a shipping terminal here it is comon to come back to a car with smashed window and missing clothes cash radio etc.
should put an open season on our thieves here bastards get off too light with courts:hmm

Originally posted by poacher
Security at ports:D this is aus mate they cant stop heaps of drugs coming in and guns (pistols) for druggies to get money for drugs?
so robbing a container should be no hassle here.
at a boat ramp car park next to a shipping terminal here it is comon to come back to a car with smashed window and missing clothes cash radio etc.
should put an open season on our thieves here bastards get off too light with courts:hmm

Hi

Yeah too true mate

cheers

And you think you have it bad ? I am about to put off going on holiday to Zanzibar because of the probability that my home or business will be burgled while im away for 10 days. If i do go will likely not enjoy myself for the worry.
This with security guards, armed response, alarms, electric fences, dogs etc.

It makes me sick.

Sunny SA.

Skin.

shit...u ppl really have it bad down there....here in Kuwait i park my car in a public parking lot and leave my keys and wallet in the car, go shopping for about two hours, come back to find my car in the same place where i left it with nothing missing....

hi

Mate I wouldnt bother risking it by leaving your keys in the car you never know :hmm

cheers

mishu1984 said:
shit...u ppl really have it bad down there....here in Kuwait i park my car in a public parking lot and leave my keys and wallet in the car, go shopping for about two hours, come back to find my car in the same place where i left it with nothing missing....

yes but wheres the water???fish????ian:t

ian le roux said:
yes but wheres the water???fish????ian:t

There's a big difference in doing time as a guest of the state and having your hand (s) or head cut off by a sharp scimitar.:martial Plenty of fish and reefs on the Arabian Gulf (the guys on the the side call it Persian gulf instead)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT