• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Rob allen tuna 1000 with 3 bands?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Eduardo_m

May 18, 2016
Hi everyone!
I just joined this site in order to get diferent perspectives from more expirienced spearfisherman. I own a Rob Allen tuna 1000 with the original 2x16mm bands. Is it possible to add a third 16mm band or a 14mm? Will this definately overpower the gun thus negatively impacting my acuracy? Would it be better to sinply run an 18mm and a 16mm??

My initial thought was to put a double wishbone on the extra band in order to simply squeeze the line under one of the bands, allowing me to use the same muzzle. Has anyone used a diferent method for adding a band on a rob allen?

Open to any suggestions, my only goal is to maximize the range of this gun. If anyone has tried and found the best set up on a rob allen or any similar railgun please let me know!

Thank You
Eduardo

Hi everyone!
I just joined this site in order to get diferent perspectives from more expirienced spearfisherman. I own a Rob Allen tuna 1000 with the original 2x16mm bands. Is it possible to add a third 16mm band or a 14mm? Will this definately overpower the gun thus negatively impacting my acuracy? Would it be better to sinply run an 18mm and a 16mm??

My initial thought was to put a double wishbone on the extra band in order to simply squeeze the line under one of the bands, allowing me to use the same muzzle. Has anyone used a diferent method for adding a band on a rob allen?

Open to any suggestions, my only goal is to maximize the range of this gun. If anyone has tried and found the best set up on a rob allen or any similar railgun please let me know!

Thank You
Eduardo

Hi everyone!

Thank You
Eduardo
Hello Edurado, I have the RA sparid 110 which is same gun only a 7mm spear rather than 7.5. I would be inclined to make slightly shorter rubbers for more power rather than add another. The trigger mech is designed to be safe up until a certain force and the manufacturer is the only one able to give you that info. I say this because I had an issue with my gun which runs two short 16 mm bands (7mm spear) in that during loading one day just as I engaged the second band the spear released and the gun but hit me in the chest like a hammer. Not pleasant and I dive with my kids so the alarm bells sounded. Open disassembly I notice the contact face of the trigger had been scrapped with some plastic removed. What I believe caused this was trying to pull the trigger with the safety on just previous to the miss fire and totally my fault. So the plastic trigger can be damaged by miss use and a third rubber may be just that. I bought a new mech and all has been fine and with two short rubbers the range is great. I have never seen a RA with three rubbers so maybe go down in spear diameter for more speed as I can hit a tennis ball 4 metres of the spear tip with mine they are just great guns with the smoothness of the spear release a big part of accuracy.

Reactions: foxfish
Best suggestion is to get a longer gun if you really need the range. A third rubber will definitely affect accuracy.

The best thing you can do is to try to get closer. Slow down, eget really calm and wait for them to get closer.

Reactions: Andrew Fogarty
Wouldn't get 3 bands 16mm.

You will run into several issues:
1. The extra bands doesn't mean extra power: the shaft will be your rate limiting step, as more power will cause wobbling of the shaft at certain point (unless you go larger diameter which by 3x16mm bands I would go at least 8mm shaft)

2. Recoil: Rob Allen isn't suited for 3x16mm bands as its a light gun and won't absorb the recoil and you will lose accuracy

3. Trigger safety: You may run into this issue though the vecta2 may be a bit tougher

My advise is that you can convert it into a roller and get the best buck for power and accuracy and if you want more power then move into a gun that's prepared to take 3 bands ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wouldn't get 3 bands 16mm.

You will run into several issues:
1. The extra bands doesn't mean extra power: the shaft will be your rate limiting step, as more power will cause wobbling of the shaft at certain point (unless you go larger diameter which by 3x16mm bands I would go at least 8mm shaft)

2. Recoil: Rob Allen isn't suited for 3x16mm bands as its a light gun and won't absorb the recoil and you will lose accuracy

3. Trigger safety: You may run into this issue though the vecta2 may be a bit tougher

My advise is that you can convert it into a roller and get the best buck for power and accuracy and if you want more power then move into a gun that's prepared to take 3 bands ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The roller sounds like a good option i have been looking into that. I understand the pors of the roller in terms of range, power, and recoil; but What are the drawbacks?

The roller sounds like a good option i have been looking into that. I understand the pors of the roller in terms of range, power, and recoil; but What are the drawbacks?

drawback: Just a bit more complicated that your standard circular rubber speargun (if you are setting your own rubber gun) unless you gt one that is ready made for you.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT