• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Rocky point Mexico

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

AZ Rob

Rob
Oct 6, 2012
Ill be heading down this Monday, rented a house on the beach. Water down there is starting to cool down slow.
Im going to try something new, I bought some fish flashers to tie on to my dive flag float.
I want to see if it attracts some larger fish that are looking for schools of bait fish.
I seen it do on TV on a spearing show. Hope it works, if no big ones come in the smaller one's still taste good on the grill with a ice cooled cerveza.
:fridayVEVA LA MEXICO!!!!!

I will be back out at 4am Tues. morning, I want to see if any crabs and bigger fish are hanging around. I just bought a dive light 50% off at the dive shop by me, it was a floor model.

Tues. the 9th the waves are around 6 ft wind is 15-18 MH real bad today, jellyfish coming in all over today. 10:52 am wed. high tide real good reef shoud be good fishing tomorrow. Wish me luck!:martial

Last edited:
Hi rob will you be taking some pictures? whats the water\air temperature it sounds class apart from jellyfish and big waves .what fish do you hope to get?:)

Last day here, it was a bust. The water is to rough to even try to get into it. When I was in no fish to be seen, water was very very low visibility. Only fish was from the fish market.
Was going for sea bass, beach perch, stingray, and any other thing I could cook.

Im going to try to head down one more time this year.
Theres a cold front coming into AZ, and just bad wind down here.

Temp was about 87 F nights about 70 F water in the 80's still wind 13-20 mph out of the south.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT