• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Roller gun vs Wooden gun

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Milan

Jan 20, 2013
Hey spearos!! Could anyone give me some pros and cons between a aluminium roller gun and a wooden twin band standard gun.

What about a wooden roller gun or a single band wooden gun?
Difficult to answer without knowing what you want to shoot & where you intend to hunt with it?
However in my mind - a wooded, balanced, high mass, low recoil gun is a lovely thing to own.

Last edited:
Reactions: bura and grantl
I must agree with foxfish. Wood is the best. Now, roller or clasic? It depands what you want from the speargun. Both systems have their own advantages.

Reactions: Milan
yeah wood is definitely the most awesome. so a shorter roller would have as much power as a longer classic gun, but i think a longer would be more accurate??

Reactions: bura
But it also depands what type of wooden roller. Single, duble, invert, "paranco" system, sigle roler + circular. Same size roller gun and clasic gun, with roler you will have more power. You will be also able to shot on bigger distances.
I personaly use wooden guns with 2x16 mm circulars or somethimes 3x16mm with 6.5 or 7mm shafts.

Last edited:
Reactions: lawstraljan16
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT