• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Roller Spear Gun

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I am interested to see pictures of the modifications you did on the Sniper roller. I have the same gun in 95 which I used for several years.
There’s a tread on the forum called’ improvements on the Pathos sniper roller’ would you mind posting them there?
I would like to see this mod also.

I am interested to see pictures of the modifications you did on the Sniper roller. I have the same gun in 95 which I used for several years.
There’s a tread on the forum called’ improvements on the Pathos sniper roller’ would you mind posting them there?
I think the mod is the step up before wishbone comes to a rest. If you look at other muzzles it is a smooth ramp.

I want them to have the best equipment, I will be buying each of them a roller gun
Not sure if this is wise. Not so much on the equipment or roller gun part, (buy what you want you can kill a fish with everything) but having the whole family armed with guns and looking for fish instead of looking out for each other.

Do buy suits that insulate appropriately, fins and masks that fit. And top the kit off with a freediving course for everyone. Then proceed diving in buddy pairs with shared guns. Even if you'd bring a whole armory to tackle any possible situation there is no reason that there should be more than one gun active at a given moment.

Reactions: Mr. X and Kodama
Sounds like he's just trying to do the best for his family. He had the sense to check in here first, so hopefully it won't turn into a Darwinian/Hunger Games experience. A weekend class at Florida Freedivers might save a lot of time, might even save a life or two. They'd also help with suitable gear selection.

I think the mod is the step up before wishbone comes to a rest. If you look at other muzzles it is a smooth ramp.
The only mod I did was to add a pull loop to the wishbone. I did this when I first got the gun because my gloves kept getting pinched between the band and the shaft when loading. Now I hook the load assist to these loops and it is quick to connect and disconnect to them once the wishbone is secured to the shaft. See attached picture.

Attachments

• 20200602_152920.jpg
    20200602_152920.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 298
Reactions: Mr. X
Most guns come with bands with a metal "V" shaped wishbone. I like the nylon wishbone better.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT