• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Russian Monofins are available in Canda and USA!!!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Peter

Apr 23, 2002
As you know connection with Russia is slow and delivery is very expensive (more than 100 $) but Russian monofins are really suburb. That's why WaterWay company has opened a store in Toronto.
A lot of reviews from European Freedivers.
www.finswimming.ca

and now to harvest the power of the monofin

ha ha, a store close to home

thanks for the info peter, toronto is only an hour away form here and we go quite often

thanks again

Ok, now I'm curious to know if anyone has tried this particular brand of monofin and has an opinion.... I'm not that far from Toronto myself :)

Maybe Peter can verify that the Competitor is the same blade that they make for Finis? They look the same, except of course for the footpockets. I just ordered a Monofin Bag.....hurry!
Thanks,
Erik Y.

Eric: I think you've bought a Finis monofin... Just for information,
Finis has bought our blades. If they're similar, it doesn't surprise me. :)

Hi Peter: yes, I had heard that Waterway made the Finis blades. It is an excellent blade, unfortunately I paid a fair bit more than your price :(
Cheers,
Erik Y.

waterway fin

Hello,

I received my new monofin yesterday evening: a Waterway model 1, long distance.
I immediately took it to the pool for some testing.

It Is Brilliant ! The Waterway long distance is a very smooth, very soft fin.
For beginning finswimmers it will take some training to keep it horizontal in the water: it easily slips sideways because it's so smooth but the effortless speed you can generate... Also, the footpockets are very flexible and may cause some cramping if your feet aren't used to them.
For the strong men on our forum (and the people who still think you kick with a monofin :ban ) I'd recommend getting the middle distance fin. The long distance fin will bend too easily when you use your legs instead of starting the movement from your core like marine mammals do.
Another thing; if you're not used to using a mono or want to do rough work w/ it, do get some side protectors for if you hit a hard object with the side of your fin, the fiberglass splits (all fiberglass blades do that).

My personal opinion about the fin: Excellent quality and as smooth as silk. It's the perfect gear for a true Homo aquaticus. :cool: Compared to this, dolphin swimming with a pair of Cressi Gara's (= good quality freediving fins) feels like dolphin swimming with a pair of concrete blocks on your feet...

Cheers !

Truly happy monomaniac. :king

first monofin

I just checked out the site and the prices look good.

Should I be looking at the model 1 or 2 for my first monofin, to be used for constant ballast?
Should it be soft or medium stiffness?

I find myself dolphin kicking all of the time with my freediving fins so I guess this would be the next step. If I get the hang of it I could always move up at a later date to a fancier one. I just need to know which one to start with. Are the $89 ones too much of a toy to really freedive with? At that price it would be much easier to sell my wife on it.;)

Jon

hi jon

I'd go for the model 2 medium distance if I were you. The cheaper model 3 needs a high undulation frequency for it is made mainly for developing a good butterfly stroke at the surface.

If you order it from Victoria Monterrey (Monterrey201@cs.com ) in Sacramento: a model 2 fin costs 119 USD, shipping costs excluded (I paid a 15 USD shipping fare to San Diego).

Lynn

Monomaniac

I'm glad Lynn got her fin. I imagine she'd been taking out her mono-less existence out on her co-workers, attaching pieces of paper to her feet and flopping them about the 'office,' trying to get them to picture the feelings of grace underwater that she's been missing.

Or something like that.;)

There's a mermaid loose off the shores of Southern California.......

Pete

Netscape vs Gates

Hey gang
Does anyone have the key for opening the Toronto? website.
www.finswimming.ca

There are a few of these around (Suunto is another) where they require a very strict protocol and those of us that avoid Gates' products run into trouble. The computer freezes if I click (I don't know if that's right or left) on anything.
Can anyone give me a location of the catalogue. All the mono fin sites are wierd. Are the divers like that too. Eric and Pete seem to be normal but I haven't talked to some of the others.

Aloha
Bill

The Catalog

Hi everybody,
who wants the catalog,
please mail me - I'll sent it directly to you.
Flash site is not so bad :), but for some configurations may be conflict player-movie. HTML version of the site will be coming this days.
mail me:
support@finswiming.ca
Peter

store in Canada

Hello Freedivers friends.
We produce monofins and Long bi-fins for all your wishes.
The question is in shipping costs from East EU.
For example delivery of 2 monofins to Sacramento cost about 80 US$. and what is more expansive is time for delivery ( 12-14 days)
For best service of Norh America freedivers we did agreement with Peter Korikov ( http://www.finswimming.ca)
That he will be person who can serv you fast.
Peter is Programmer with University background.
Prices on his web site include many add. spending.Such as import taxes.
Few words about WW monofins.
we work with FINIS since 1998. Finis "Competitor" has the same size as Model 1.
Model 2 has 66cm in wide.
Model 3 has 62cm.
It is a big difference.
WE have footpoockets from 37 till 45-46.
If you order Sprint fin then you will get harder rubber footpockets
If you order Long.D. fin then you will get softer rubber footpockets
You don't need to use socks because we glue soft neopren inside.

and last info is that Sebastien Murat (http://www.amphibious.info) broke pool record with our Model 1 Long distance fin. He did 192m.

Any questions ? Welcome.

Have a nice day
Bogdan Waterway
http://www.finswimworld.com
mailto:lyashuk@waterway.kiev.ua

Monofins in San Diego

Lynn and others with Monofin experience in San Diego: I'm doing an article on monofins for a magazine. Could you please contact me here in San Diego?

Thanks,

Jim
jim@siliconbeach.com

760-633-2255

Thanks.

hi.. i dont speak in english, sorry
i live in canary islands, i´m member of canary islands team.. i was in EGYPT WORLDCHAPIONSHIP O6 HURGAHDA.. wonderfull..
i want buy a monofins russian.. kerschkov.. i think write it .
thank´s for any information..

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT