• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

S.Fla. and Fiji hospitality exchange

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

fijifreediver

Sep 24, 2002
Bula,

Fla native returning to S. Fla and would like to get together

with experienced freediving spearfishmen. I still know a lot of

good spots there and plenty in Fiji also.

Please email or pm if you would like to make contact! I hope to

arrive end of June.

Feel Free,
Jim

hi

Jim howz it going, been getting any big ones. You know how I told you about snapper island being totally closed to spearing well its not. I got a close up view of the map and it shows a small ring around the island/reef edge that still allows spearing so just remember that our good spots are still there :cool:

cheers

Bula Andrew,

Thanks for the info. That reminds me to add to the above thread that I also have access to boat ,etc. in Australia as well as
Fiji
Hope to get to meet some good divers in S. Fla. while on my visit. I've dove and trained with some of the best divers in many
parts of the world and would be glad to share techniques,etc.

Jim

FEEL FREE

hi

Yeah any of you guys in Florida who wanna check out the latest gear and learn some tricks dive with this guy he has all the toys and latest stuff.

Btw Have you tried out that Kamikaziee (spelling) flasher that you bought just as you were leaving Oz.

cheers

S.fl

hey jim, I live in Miami and like you am always looking to explore new places to dive. Me and my buddies are always glad to dive with new people especially if they are experienced and willing to put in the time to look for fish. What dates are you going to be in town? I might be going to la paz for a few weeks (finally) but other than that ill be around for the whole summer so well hook up for sure if when you come down. Well be in touch to make more specific plans but for now. mi casa es su casa.
Send me a PM with your phone # while you are down here and maybe a mail a few days b4 you come down to be on notice.
later
lets hope nuptune is with us on this one, as always hes boss and decides wheather or not to smile on us.
later

Bula Bula

Andrew

Thanks for the kind words. You made a good dive buddy as well. I havn't tried that flasher yet because the trades have been too strong lately for bluewater. Maybe you just have to croak from your throat to attract them. I just did the above and shot your favorite fish today, a job fish. Usually they need burley to get close but......

Spearooo

Thanks for your kind offer as well. Will be in touch with you soon.

Jim

FEEL FREE

hi Jim

JOBBIES cool you bet thats my fav fish me and Abri both. How big was it, how deep you shoot it, what gun was it the torelli. If I dont get out to the reef soon with a speargun instead of a tank so I can shoot some Jobbies I will go nuts. :duh

cheers

Bula Andrew

I'll email you with the details.

Jim

------------------------------------------------

FEEL FREE

Hey Jim,
Bula vinaka and aloha! Been there on a mission trip back in 1999. I have to say that the Fijian people are probably one of the friendliest I have ever come across. Yes they are large men who look like they would mug you given an opportunity but for the most part, they are the sweetest most generous people I have ever met. And the fish, oh don't even get me started. I got to dive with only a short pole spear but that was a blast. I will return one day. If not for the diving but to visit the people. To quote the infamous line of a local Fijian named Kepu "Yandra, yandra. Mai, mai, vidi mai. Tolo, tolo, tolo, totolo!" If he were in a boat ready to take me to some secret reef with doggies swarming all over it then yeah the 4:30 AM wake up call would be great. But to wake up then go running at first light? Are you mad!

Brad

Howzit Brad ?

I see you caught some of the Fiji spirit while you were there!

Might stop in Hawaii next time on the way to Fla. The 10 hr

trip from Fiji to L. A. was killer. Besides, Hawaii is my favorite

spot in the U.S. Keep in touch and I show you some doggies

when you get back to Fiji.

Jim

----------------------------------

FEEL FREE

im back

Hey jim I just got back from kansas. We are planning on diving this weekend if all goes well. You are more than welcome to come along. My cell phone is screwy so send me your number so I can call you and see what the deal is. We might do a bit of trolling tommorow in the afternoon for some dolphin after fueling up, and dive on saturday.
write back to see what your status is.
jc

Jim,

Would love to make contact when you're here. I live in Miami.

Actually, I'm planning a trip to Fiji in the first two weeks of September, so I would love to chat a bit.

-- Lionel

Bula Lionel,

Glad to hear from you ! Send me an email and maybe we can

get together while I'm in Fla.

JIm

-----------------------------------------------------------

FEEL FREE

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT