• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Safety Equipment - What do you take ?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
iocara every area has it's own particular neccessities for diving. being in scotland cold water and swift ocean currents with large possible wave action would be my first concern. unless you're diving in the locks.

something like hot cocoa or soup after a dive will help bring your temperature back up a little quicker. let somebody responsible know you are going to go diving and where and when you plan to return.

get the best weather forecast available for your area. KNOW YOUR LIMITATIONS and abide by them. see what kind of info is available for the area you plan to dive try the local diveshop. keep tabs on your buddy and he you I refuse to dive with people that can't care less what happens to me. plan your dive and dive your plan.

the last thing your dive instructor needs is an inquiry as to how some of his or her former students died right after completing his course, so lean hard on them for info and be gracious enough to allow them to accompany you or tell you a particular area is to beyond your capabilities just yet.

most divers really care so don't be afraid to ask questions and that includes me as well.

best of luck in a sport I truly enjoy.

wwwtimmcp.

<400 dives.
I carry:
whistle
spare air
safety sausage
Gerber tool (knife, wire cutters and sevral useless tools but it was free)
signal mirror ( old CD )
I have on the boat:
First aid kit
spare parts
extra mask
cell phone

I carry a pony bail out bottle with independent reg, two whistles, a safety sausage, both the DiveAlert and MiniHammerhead (one for above and one for below water) run in tandem off their own low pressure hose, knife on bcd and foldup knife on lanyard in pocket, spare frameless mask....
and,,,,,i know a really good prayer.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT