• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Safety for Riffe Trigger Mech

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

mcoaker2

Aug 10, 2006
Hey guys,

Havn't had much time lately, but I've finally started building my first gun. I think i have a pretty good plan, but I need some help deciding on a trigger mechanism. I want to go with the Riffe mech and make my own handle and trigger guard; however, my primary concern is being able to design a practical and effective safety. I do not want to hunt without some time of safety mechanism. Does anyone have any ideas or experience with this situation. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Matt

Safeties on band guns are a dangerous illusion. Unloaded is the only safe.

Thanks guys. I know common sense is the best safety, but a mechanical safety would make me feel a little better. I'll see what i can come up with, in addition to common sense.

I build all my guns with an automatic safty device.. whenever the rubbers arent loaded, the device automatically kicks into safe mode :t

But on a serious note.. if u have to have a false sense of security, oh i mean safty then the easiest thing to do is to drill a small hole about 3 or 4 mm diameter that goes from one side and out the other right behind the trigger and as high as u can drill it close to the trigger mech body.. then all u have to do is put a pin thru which will stop the trigger from moving backwards.. also u can drill a hole in the end of the pin and thread some dyneema or a crimped mono loop for ease of pulling the pin out.

Hope this helps!

Good Luck

Zane...

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT