• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Salmon Burgers

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Marwan

Gear Buying addict
Supporter
Sep 3, 2005
I tried this yesterday and i liked it very much:

Ingredients:
2 salmon Fillets Skinned ( i had to skin mine yesterday :)) and chopped into cubes
1 onion (I used spring onion) diced
handful chooped Dill
Handful chopped Corriander
lime juice
salt and pepper
1 eggwhite
some breadcrumbs

toasted brown bread buns, lettuce, tomato and onion slices for serving

For the mayonnaise:
some mayonaise in a small bowl, add some chopped corriander, chopped dill, salt, lime juice, chopped capers and mix well

Method:
Mix the fish and ingredients in a food processor into a paste, then take it out and pat it by hand into 4 burger patties, and cook on a hot griddle with some olive oil, until they are golden and cooked through...
then serve on the toasted brown bread buns, on a bed of lettuce and tomatoe (and onion if you like) and top with the mayonaise
serve with some fries..

very tasty/very healthy

Last edited:
Reactions: Pav
i think one can try the same with Tuna as well..maybe another day :)

Nice, I reckon they’d be good with a bit of chilli in them.:p:p
I’ll give them a go next week.

Podge, i noticed something, you really like spicy stuff dont you mate :), i dont post here a lot, but the last time i did, i believe you also recommended chillies..:)
but youre right, I almost dont drink anymore (just occasionally, once every blue moon), but i would imagine that burger should be spiced up, if youre having a pint with it :) that combination always works:friday..although you do notice the effects the next morning :crutch rofl

:p Mmmmm....Yum! Salm-burger's!

We make 'em pretty much the same way here...Only sometimes I use smoked salmon instead! :t

Last edited:
Reactions: podge
Podge, i noticed something, you really like spicy stuff dont you mate :), i dont post here a lot, but the last time i did, i believe you also recommended chillies..:)
but youre right, I almost dont drink anymore (just occasionally, once every blue moon), but i would imagine that burger should be spiced up, if youre having a pint with it :) that combination always works:friday..although you do notice the effects the next morning :crutch rofl

You can’t beat a bit of heat mate especially if you’re having a cool beer with it.:)
I bet you try a couple of the old long ones tonight mate even if you are now almost tee-total.:friday:friday

i tried that same recipe today but with Tuna instead, (and yes added some chilli captain podge :) )...was yummy, i think i liked it better then the salmon..so did my wife...
cheers

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT