• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Salmon

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Huan

Jul 4, 2004
I am posting on behalf of a mate who speared a couple of beauties 9lb and 14 lb he wishes to remain nameless and the spot remains a secret.
The biggest problem he had was the fish pulling off the spear when they were shot, they have very soft flesh and are very powerful, maybe a slip tip or MATC trident might be a better bet.

Attachments

• salmon1sm.jpg
    salmon1sm.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 369
Last edited:
All I can say is fair play to that Man:martial .
Some of our regulation regarding salmon here in Ireland border on the ludicrous:duh
It seems the fisheries boards want to make salmon fishing a privelige for those willing to pay for it:vangry

Yes , anything that swims in the sea is fair game, as far as I m concerned.I think that they were in fact escapees from a farm so He was probably doing them a favour.
They have been smoked and eaten already.

heh heh - destroy the evidence!

It is technically illegal to spearfish in the sea for salmon or seatrout in the UK. It is also illegal to spearfish at all in freshwater.

I think both should be overturned, but hey - we are supposed to support the rural economy....

....having said that, if I saw asalmon in the sea, you can be sure I'd bag it. I just don't think I could restrain myself! :D

I am not quite sure how the regulations are applied here in Ireland. I know spearing in Rivers is , shall we say frowned upon however the sea is usually fair game. I mean where these were speared you also get Triggerfish and Bass so I would imagine there shouldn't be any problems. anyway like I say these are escapees so the fishery boards should be thankful that we are cleaning them up....

Nice Fish!!

Im from a place in the states with, in alot of places, pretty clear water and nice trout which I plan on trying to tackle this coming summer....should be good. How deep did he get them in and what were the shots like? Im curious as Ive never even seen a trout (not salmon...but still not too bad)...

Thanks for the pics,
Justin

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT