• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

SaltFree 7/8th October

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
of course, just make sure you are clear of nitrogen...... seriously....

please put me down for a copy of the dvd at the weekend !!!

can't wait to watch it !

I've got loads of friends who want to watch it too.... cause they don't really know what freediving is all about!

See you on Saturday.

Mandy
x

Put me down for a dvd too - have to explain this freediving malarky to my mum somehow!

Might not be able to dive Sunday - the lure of Wales has got to my flatmates as well so they're coming down to explore. Which means........

Who's up for a beer Sat night? :friday

I hate to break the party up Greenies and Meanies but the NDAC compressor is out of action 'till next week, meaning that those of us who get our gas mixed there can't do so. It's looking like you might have to use the counter balance for the whole weekend. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
I need to do some calling around and will let you know if the situation changes.

Last edited:
But but but....... who will hand me my mug of hot cocoa when i'm at the bottom?

Or have I been dreaming that... would explain why my wee is green after a Chepstow session :t

no worries, we can use the counterbalance and if you are happy to dive below 45m using it, then I am happy too- Dave will be around to operate it.

See you there

S

Don't worry Benny babe, we'll fulfill those dreams of yours and give you that warm glow you desire :D we can hookah feed you some hot cocoa from the pontoon. It will be as if we were there in the deep green. :friday

Thx Sam. Still trying to find out if there's a way round this.
x

I have my own supply of trimix and oxygen for my rebreather, so can cover as deep as we need on saturday.

Also I think that it's only blended gasses that are out of action (the blending panel caught fire) - I think the compressor is OK for air only, certainly it looked like that last weekend, but I may be wrong.

Last edited:
Good evening everyone, I will be joining you on the Saturday for 45m please. Its been a long and hectic week and I need to get in the water.

David

OK - Laura, if the Angels are coming anyway then we can always use shallow cover - and air fills are OK. It would be good to have someone at least check the ropes are in the right place as the pontoon was moved last weekend.

Dave - no worries, see you at 11am

Quick update. Mark W can't get his gas mixes elsewhere and neither can I (my deco mixes). I suspect Dave G might be in the same boat so it will have to be plan B and the counter balance.

Si ... you can go freediving after all if you fancy it :)

Mark has said he won't be there either, he still has sinus congestion and was borderline about whether he might equalize anyway.

Next will be the DVD's to sort. Matt was going to drop them off to me to bring along but I think postie will get the job now.

Will miss the fun Greenies and your top company as always ... 'till next time.
Dive safe and rock your socks off!
x

PS If the plan changes, and you never know ... I'll be back :D

Laura, if Matt can get the DVDs to you, I can pick them up on the way through if that would work? It's only a small detour for me.

Simon and Laura,
Thanks you guys!
I will drop off some DVD's at Laura's either on Thursday or more likely Friday.
Matt

Matt - any chance of picking mine up tonight?

I bring cash, though I assume my credit would be good anyway :t

Sorry guys but we don't have enough people to do Sunday - only Mandy and Simon really as I am sick as a sick person with fluey gunky thing.....

will try and dive Saturday but def need a day off at some point....

So - Saturday only

Tim - 51
Liv - 45
Dave - 45
Ben - 44
Persy - 38
Sam - 38
Mandy - 35
Simon - 20
James - 20

Hope that's OK

Sam

Sam....

Sooooo glad you just posted about Sunday...

Afraid I couldn't have made it either now, so I don't feel too guilty about letting anyone down !!

See you guys on Saturday.

Luv
Mand
x

Last edited:
Just got me comp DVD from Matt in the post today..

Excellent work very nicely put together and some great shots big thank you to all the video guys

lammy

Sam,

This is very last minute but I just spoke to Gary who is extremely keen to come down tomorrow and do 20m. He's got no internet so I'm doing this for him. If you get this tonight maybe you could post a reply so I can let him know...

Thanks and see you tomorrow,

James

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT