• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

saltfree in Dahab

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Laura - some of the not to techie angels might also be interested so don't make it too scary (Ben has said he might come but not if its all super techie, I imagine the same might apply to a few others)

Are you guys banning me from living on the edge :ban ??? Now you know that won't work, tell Ben I'll hold his hand rofl

I'd love to go.....but my hols don't fall until later in October. :waterwork
I'll have to make do with Chepstow and a visit to Nice in August....

sorry! we did try to match up dates with school holidays for our teaching contingent - but all joining in Donna's honeymoon seemed like an opportunity not to miss really...

Laura - plan what you like but please bear in mind that the nearest chamber is 1 1/2 hours away across a mountain range

Grrrr, we're really struggling with flights!! At the moment we can't leave Cyprus until Monday 10th, fly to Cairo and have a 9 hour stopover, leave for Sharm 05.55 Tues morning and then onto Dahab by taxi.....not looking very promising!!

you could consider getting a bus from cairo to Dahab, lotta can organise that but it takes about 10 hours I think.... how about flying via elsewhere in europe? if you can get a cheap flight to pretty much anywhere in germany you can probably get out to sharm straight away

by the way - some people apparently did not believe/understand the email I sent out - the price quoted includes -

all the freediving excursions listed on the email
AND
accomodation for the week in the Seven Heaven hotel in half of a twin room

yes its cheap, the hotel is more of a hostel than a high class hotel but its perfectly functional unless you miss your free fluffy dressing gown and spa bath...

any questions, just shout

Sam

just a reminder that I need to know and get deposits by the end of March - so far no one definite : ( so if you do want to come make sure I know about it or I'll plan something else

s

Sam,

Wanted to come but i'm on holiday with the wife and in-laws (boooo)

Almost any other week in sept / oct would have been good.

Sorry,

David

just trying to get an idea how many people can make it, not many so far, might try again with a different date - will keep you posted!

looks like there is not really enough interest this time so sorry folks. I will almost def be going out for christmas and/or new year so will try again then - and don't say I don't try and get saltfree out of the quarry!!

of course anyone of you can arrange your own trip with lotta direct - www.lottaericson.com

sam

Sorry Sam for being a bite long to reply.
I would have really loved to go, but decided not to in the end.
It is not a question of bad timing, but more a lack of holidays really.
26 days/year is not much, and I should spend quite a lot in Nice this summer already.
Thanks for trying to organise something.
C U in Chepstow
Remi

thanks Remi - I have the same problem! 24 days a year..... ow!! makes me want to go back to school!!

Hi Bryn
Goodies rock!!! I think I had the better deal there. Love all the stuff very much, you were right about the colours.
Laura Storm

Great! Glad you like it all. Its a shame I could not find more people like you when it was running!

( Found some more fleeces too! )

Happy!

B.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…