• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

saltfree in Dahab

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Laura - some of the not to techie angels might also be interested so don't make it too scary (Ben has said he might come but not if its all super techie, I imagine the same might apply to a few others)

Are you guys banning me from living on the edge :ban ??? Now you know that won't work, tell Ben I'll hold his hand rofl

I'd love to go.....but my hols don't fall until later in October. :waterwork
I'll have to make do with Chepstow and a visit to Nice in August....

sorry! we did try to match up dates with school holidays for our teaching contingent - but all joining in Donna's honeymoon seemed like an opportunity not to miss really...

Laura - plan what you like but please bear in mind that the nearest chamber is 1 1/2 hours away across a mountain range

Grrrr, we're really struggling with flights!! At the moment we can't leave Cyprus until Monday 10th, fly to Cairo and have a 9 hour stopover, leave for Sharm 05.55 Tues morning and then onto Dahab by taxi.....not looking very promising!!

you could consider getting a bus from cairo to Dahab, lotta can organise that but it takes about 10 hours I think.... how about flying via elsewhere in europe? if you can get a cheap flight to pretty much anywhere in germany you can probably get out to sharm straight away

by the way - some people apparently did not believe/understand the email I sent out - the price quoted includes -

all the freediving excursions listed on the email
AND
accomodation for the week in the Seven Heaven hotel in half of a twin room

yes its cheap, the hotel is more of a hostel than a high class hotel but its perfectly functional unless you miss your free fluffy dressing gown and spa bath...

any questions, just shout

Sam

just a reminder that I need to know and get deposits by the end of March - so far no one definite : ( so if you do want to come make sure I know about it or I'll plan something else

s

Sam,

Wanted to come but i'm on holiday with the wife and in-laws (boooo)

Almost any other week in sept / oct would have been good.

Sorry,

David

just trying to get an idea how many people can make it, not many so far, might try again with a different date - will keep you posted!

looks like there is not really enough interest this time so sorry folks. I will almost def be going out for christmas and/or new year so will try again then - and don't say I don't try and get saltfree out of the quarry!!

of course anyone of you can arrange your own trip with lotta direct - www.lottaericson.com

sam

Sorry Sam for being a bite long to reply.
I would have really loved to go, but decided not to in the end.
It is not a question of bad timing, but more a lack of holidays really.
26 days/year is not much, and I should spend quite a lot in Nice this summer already.
Thanks for trying to organise something.
C U in Chepstow
Remi

thanks Remi - I have the same problem! 24 days a year..... ow!! makes me want to go back to school!!

Hi Bryn
Goodies rock!!! I think I had the better deal there. Love all the stuff very much, you were right about the colours.
Laura Storm

Great! Glad you like it all. Its a shame I could not find more people like you when it was running!

( Found some more fleeces too! )

Happy!

B.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT