• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

SaltFree in Hurghada

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

samdive

Mermaid, Musician and Marketer
Nov 12, 2002
Hellooooo from Egypt to all the SaltFree Posse

Liv, me, Mark, Tim and Benny B are all out here training already, Hardest Dave arrives tonight and Mr Crocs tomorrow.

I can't say much as training has got all secret squirrel-like but we're having a good time and the warm clear waters are suiting the mean green posse pretty well - its such a relief not having to break the ice in the morning....

(PS I don't think it will give a huge game away if I tell you we might need to take some dynamite to the quarry next season!)

wish you were all here, we miss you and send hugs

S
xxx

PS BLING your CROCS!!

http://www.lookatmycrazyshoes.com/custom.php

Hey.... you're not in the internet room here.... where are you hiding????

Anyway, I concur. Brilliant conditions and a top crew to train with.

Shall I give away the secret training tip? Ok.... Brazillian rum, crushed limes, a hint of sugar, and mmmmmm!!!!!!

Cheerio,
Ben
Captain, Physio, Medic, Spiritual Advisor and yogic flyer for Team Australia

I'm getting very jealous of these reports of vis being 25+ metres, you lucky bastards!

Dive safely and have fun.

Good luck you guys and gals.. will be thinking of you from just across the water!!! So near but so bloody far! But it looks like we will be seeing you in July :)

Dive safe, and have fun

Donna and Martin xx

GO GO Saltfree posse,

Storms storms storms over here the lake is going to get very cold for january!

Good luck you guys and bring home a medal or two....

Lammy

Just to confirm - the final competing UK Team:

Men
Mark Harris - 65m
Dave Morgan - 50m
Tim Money - 47m

Women
Anne-Marie - 47m
Hannah Stacey - 47m
Liv Philip - 42m

The boys dive today, AM and Liv tomorrow and Han on Saturday. Nice to see so many SaltFree-ers on the team. All their dives should be well within their limits so hopefully things should go well. I am going out as coach to Mark later so will update you after that.

The organisation has been a bit of a shambles so far but we are reassured that today will be OK. Mr Crocs is out there helping put the world to rights so everything should be fine.... : )

I missed 4 days training after holing my eardrum on the first day so didn't quite make the depth needed for a team place.... bit p'd off but my static training has also gone well and having fun anyway.

Yesterday I subjected most of the team to an NLP session so today they should all be very calm, focussed an in control of their dives.

More soon

S

best of luck to you all! Happy and safe dives. wish I could be there with you lot!

Theo.

Mark did a lovely 65 yesterday and Hardest Dave made his 50m (with a reading of 51.something....)

Tim's dive got messed up by an organisational error but he gets to try again on Saturday

Liv dives today - 42m - she has done loads more than that this week so should be fine. JM is coaching her.

Mark and I are going out as safety freedivers today - just had to get a few dives in in the big blue!

more news soon

S

How brilliant that Richmond's own Mark 'bifins-or-bust' Harris has gone and set a new PB in the World Championships of 65m. Well done Mark! What an impressive performance, considering the pressure. Someone drape that man in the Union Jack and parade him in Piccadilly!

Well done also to Hardest Dave on a superb 50m. Best of luck Tim, on round 2. I'm sure you'll do it!

Best of luck too to the UK girls! Just remember NOT to beat the Yanks.:naughty

Theo.

Yippee,

Looks like we're putting in a strong performance. Fingers crossed for Tim, What a way to get messed up and BO.

Hope the Girls hit their targets...

lammy

Mark was we believe, the deepest man on Bi Fins

Hannah dived clean today, Benny B (Team Oz) did a very nice 52m in a borrowed fin. Tim went out to try and dive for the 3rd time but unfortunately it was not to be... him and Liv are sitting next to me being "team misery" after they both got DQd... but they're gonna go crazy in the static to make up for it.....

all fun here, everyone's getting a little tired and sunburnt and mr crocs left this morning : ( but we're still going strong

looking forward to a lap of honour of the chilly lake - and yes we will make Mark wear the Union Jack cape and his superman suit!

S

Yee har! Someone chuck a hose in that quarry!!!!!

hey, you guys,

Good to hear what you've all been up to !!

Good luck with the statics... Keep us posted !!!

See you all in January!

Mandy
x

Looking on Performance Freediving website they have Liv doing a 5:24 static, which is, I think, a new GB record. If that's right - Way To Go Liv, well done!

Excellent results all round, can we get a confirmation on Livvy's static performance for a NR?

See you heros in January !

Lammy

Indeed we can - Livvy is the new UK static record holder! Nice clean performance, coached by Sam.

Looks like GB Ladies were 10th, and Men 16th. USA Ladies 5th and US Men 12th.

Kaz lent me his red trunks, so I think I won the Superman contest if nothing else.

Yeah! Well done - but it has upset my Emily because it means she has further to go now to be the best woman!

congrats liv on the record andl to all who went out hope ye enjoyed yourselves too

Well done everyone, sounds like a good time was had by all despite the farsical organisation. :naughty

Looking forward to joining you (on the breathless side) in the new year - I have lots of Gucci new kit to try out in anger!! :t

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT