• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Salvimar Nebula wetsuit sizing

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

sipadiver

Apr 18, 2017
Does anyone else use the Salvimar Nebula wetsuit?

I'm interested in getting one. My local store is out of stock atm.

I have a question about sizing. I am a male diver. 169cm tall. Chest size 103cm, Waist 88cm, Hip 95cm. (40inch, 35in, 37inch)

According to the Salvimar chart - the LARGE size is my best fit.

But I have had issues with other LARGE jackets - air gaps in the neck and arm area.

Should I get the Medium size and let it stretch out?

I'll be watching this thread closely as I'm also interested in a Salvimar Nebula wetsuit but will have to buy online without trying it on as they are not stocked locally .

Most of my measurements point at getting a XXL but I have in the past gone for the bigger size matching my dimensions and have ended up with a suit that's a bit too big because the manufacturer ops for a more relaxed cut / build.

By the looks of it the TRD Skin fabric is pretty stretchy so I may be able to get away with a XL.

So I would also be appreciative of anyone giving some comments around how closely does Salvimar follow their wetsuit size chart:

size_chart.jpg

I checked online for reviews from other users. But apart from shop reviewers saying its super stretchy, no retail customer has said anything.

I'm a bit concerned that a Large size will have air gaps in the neck and arms. The medium should be a tight fit - and I'm hoping a user will let me know if it stretched out after use.

I messaged SALVIMAR about it last week. Still waiting for a reply. info@salvimar.com

My local shop let me turn the pants on a medium inside out and check the sizing, was baggy and a tad long. I got the small and it fits almost perfect and I'm 168cm. The pants are about 1cm longer than I'd like. So comfortable though.

I should also point out I'm 65kg, 92cm chest with a full breath, 87cm waist, 88cm hips.

Sorry about the double reply, no option to edit.

Thank you.

I have a friend who is similar size/weight to me. But his chest size is 100cm; mine is 105cm (full breath). He was advocating I get the MEDIUM as it fits him fine.

Having said that, I am surprised the SMALL is a better fit for you. You chose SMALL for jacket and pants?

Having said that, I am surprised the SMALL is a better fit for you. You chose SMALL for jacket and pants?
My local shop doesn't have the ability to order different sizes for salvimar for the jacket and pants. The medium was too big in the pants. The small pants fit almost perfectly, about 1cm too long for my preference. The jacket fits well, is very stretchy so has no impediment to movement or breathing. Based on the fitting chart I should have been a medium, but I'm glad I got the small. I would imagine if you are quite muscular, the top might be a problem. My legs aren't thin though.

I also managed to find a salvimar/fluyd BE-One suit on special 70% off in small and that fits very well too.

Reactions: landshark sa
Thanks for reporting back DaveAU7!

Do you know how the sizing compares to Omer suits - in other words, what size Omer suit fits you?

Thanks Dave. I might get the Medium size then. The Nebula being stretchy should be a good fit.

I never thought of getting a SMALL pants. May I ask what your thigh size is? circumference I mean.

Thanks. I'm a bit more stout compared to you. My thigh width is 56cm.

I've gone ahead and ordered the Salvimar Nebular MEDIUM in jacket and pants from subprof (an online site). Including postage, its EURO333.

Now to wait for its arrival.

Thanks. I'm a bit more stout compared to you. My thigh width is 56cm.

I've gone ahead and ordered the Salvimar Nebular MEDIUM in jacket and pants from subprof (an online site). Including postage, its EURO333.

Now to wait for its arrival.

Hi. The wetsuit from subprof arrived a week ago. I tried on the top. Its a good fit for my size. I'm glad I did not go for a Large size as I had originally intended. Medium was a good fit - chest wise.

Reactions: landshark sa
Hi. The wetsuit from subprof arrived a week ago. I tried on the top. Its a good fit for my size. I'm glad I did not go for a Large size as I had originally intended. Medium was a good fit - chest wise.
I guarantee you'll enjoy it, I love my Salvimar NAT wetsuit.

So im planning on getting a nebula jacket on 7mm for the cold winter of the Mediterranean... So was just wondering how is it handeling rocks?

Does anybody have a source for a good closeout deal on a Salvimar Nebula? Based on this thread, I would be looking at a large for the 3.5mm or XL maybe for the 5.5 mm. Thanks!

I bought a 5.5mm during the black Friday sale at Planet Dive Store (www.planetdivestore.com) for €278. But this was in 2017 and I notice they are now retailing for €359. It's still a ways off but it may be worth waiting until the end of November if you really want a good deal.

In terms of sizing I'm very glad I went for the XXL. Although the size chart doesn't show it I'm at the very upper limit of it fitting comfortably and were I to pick up any weight it would for sure be too tight.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT