• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Salvimar noah or sporasub mystic?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Bangga

Sep 14, 2016
Im looking for a very low volume mask, and cannot choose between noah or mystic. Is there any review of these two masks? Which one is more comfortable, since both have similar model, especially for a small/flat asian nose?
Thanks anyway.

Hello Bangga,

Most will tell you the best mask is the one that fits your face the best. both are very low volume with a great field of view. In the end it boils down to the fit and comfort of the skirt on your face and how the nose pocket rests on your particular face. I currently dive the UP-M1 mask and before that it was the Aqua Lung Micro Mask. I have also dove the Mares Star as well but I enjoy a very small low volume mask which might not fit your needs.

I have not tried the Salvimar.

But my Sporasub Mystik is by far, my favorite mask I own (I also have an Aqualung Micromask, a Sphera, and a Mako Mini).

The Sporasub is so comfortable I could quite literally wear it all day. The silicon is so soft, I don't get any pressure on the bridge of my nose, and the volume is low enough for most of my diving.

One word of advice: I had to do the "lighter trick" on the lenses multiple times. 3-4x during the first week. I've heard and experienced that Sporasubs can be foggy, but mine is great after doing this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't say much about the Salvimar Noah but I can recommend the Mystic. No need to equalise it down to 20m and after that it just needs a whisp. I've tried the UP-M1, Mares Viper, Steel Comp, Micromask and a few others. Sold them all again and ended up relying on my Mystic. Then again, as someone said before, the best Mask is the one that fits your face. If you can't get to a shop, I would order them both and maybe, if your lucky... keep one and send the other back.
The Noah is of the new frameless generation, along with the Mares Viper et. al. The Mystic has a frame and has different pressure points. It's just a matter of fit.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT