• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

salvimar predathor shaft length

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Gofaris

Mar 16, 2021
Hello from Greece. My new project is a pneumatic short gun for sea bass hunting in murky waters. So i bought a salvimar predathor plus 65.
I am not satisfied ans i want to try the Salvimar Vuoto Vacuum Muzzle . My gun came with a threaded shaft 67cm length if i measured right.
Do i need a longer shaft for the new vuoto muzzle that i am going to use?
Thank you for your time, apologies for my English.

No, the shaft length on the Vuoto models does not change. The stainless steel shafts offer a better surface for the vacuum seal, ideally spring stainless steel.

No, the shaft length on the Vuoto models does not change. The stainless steel shafts offer a better surface for the vacuum seal, ideally spring stainless steel.
Thank you for your answer, one more question.
Squbastote offers only 65 cm inox 8mm shafts, that will do?

Thank you for your answer, one more question.
Squbastote offers only 65 cm inox 8mm shafts, that will do?
Yes, that will be OK. The Salvimar vacuum seal can handle 7 mm, 7.5 mm and 8 mm diameter shafts.

I don't think you're going to notice a big difference with the Vuoto system in such a short gun. Maybe get a 7 mm Tahitian shaft and pump it to a couple more bars. A short gun is for what it is.

I don't think you're going to notice a big difference with the Vuoto system in such a short gun. Maybe get a 7 mm Tahitian shaft and pump it to a couple more bars. A short gun is for what it is.
I am going to use a big trident. I think the 8mm has more punch. Propably more bars is the way to go! Thnx!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT