• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

samba's

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

apnoeagal

Oct 16, 2003
I have just started out, tell me what you know of this thing I have had called a 'samba' - I've had a couple of biggies trying for a personal best... do I need to lay off, or is this what is required to improve?

apnoeagal,

Welcome to DeeperBlue! I'm sure a few of the more experienced members will do better to specifically answer your question (I gotta run). But in the meantime use the Search function in this Forum and type in samba. Explore all those threads and the experiences that are there. Slow down.

Dive safe.
:cool:
Roan

hi,

this is a very important question, you bring up !

a samba is a loss of motion control. from outside you will realize a samba, if a divers hands, his facial muscles, or even the whole body trembles and the diver is unable to move in a coordinated way. (often similar to drunk people). That s why its called a samba; you look like dancing a samba, because the whole body shakes !!

But be aware: a samba is a clear indicator of hypoxia (=serious lack of oxygen in the body), and quite often the black-out is not far !!!

So you don t want to go near a samba !!

In competitions divers have to take of their masks and give the OK sign. If you have the sligthest form of a samba (from shaky hands to not being able o remove mask or give OK-sign) this means INSTANT DISQUALFICATION. In the ranking there will be written LMC: Loss of motion control....

So again: you don t want to go near a samba !!

As well the samba is dangerous, because often the diver itself doesn t realize that he has a samba, ( again similar to drunk people) so NEVER EVER DIVE ALONE !!

This much 'bout samba.
dive safe, take care,

wisr

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT