• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Sandra PIOVANACCI : a new Parisian star is born

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

subaquaticus

Fond of the Red Sea
Oct 10, 2004
Last Saturday, young Sandra PIOVANACCI :girlie beat the French National record in dynamic apnea without fins. Previous record was held by Nathalie DESREAC :girlie with 95 m ; Sandra did 100 m. It was on the occasion of Dunkerque's AIDA meeting (Dunkerque is a French town close to the French Belgian frontier).

Sandra is now close to the World record (104 m held by Renate de BRUYN) ; she will attempt to beat it on the occasion of the Paris meeting, held on the 19th of March. This event will be a National Open competition with AIDA ranking and World Record status... http://apneeattitude.xtremefish.com/images/afficheA4.jpg

To register : http://apneeattitude.xtremefish.com/inscription.php

Detailed description of the event (in French) : http://apneeattitude.xtremefish.com/book190305.pdf

Hi,

It's a great result, congratulations! :)

we also have a new "star" here in Hungary, her name is Aniko
Hrabovszky. She swam 93 meters in Wiesbaden last year (DNF, look in world ranking
list 2004 :) ). This is an official hungarian recodr as well, of
course.

She plans to compete on this event, too. So it will be very interesting
for women in DNF! And I will be there hopefully. :cool:

Regards, Balázs :)

Hi Balasz !

Glad to learn that there will be an exciting female match :girlie in Paris on the 19th of March !

I spent one week somme years ago in Budapest... I even learnt some words of hungarian (kicsit)...

See you there...

Hi,

Since ;) you have been talking about me, let me join the discussion :)

First, congratulation to Sandra for the 100 meters, its an excellent performance, and such a break-through /the 100m I mean/.

I have not reached this distance yet, so for me not the world record is the challenge ;)

See you there

Aniko Hrabovszky
AIDA Hungary

Welcome in Paris in March Aniko !

I spent New Year's Eve 1999 in Budapest (it was very cold...)

Kicsit beszelek magyarul...

I spent 3 months learning by myself hungarian, but I forgot everything... It's a shame...

I am very surprised at one point : looking at AIDA competition results, it seems as if you earn the same number of points in dynamic apnea, no matter if you swim WITH fins or WITHOUT fins :duh ...

how is it possible :girlie ???

That is a good question.. Surely its easier to do i.ex 100 meters with fins than without

kingohyes said:
That is a good question.. Surely its easier to do i.ex 100 meters with fins than without

You are right ! It would be much wiser, instead of considering a performance in absolute terms, to divide the absolute result (time or meters) by the world record of the corresponding category...

We would obtain a "performance index" k, number with no dimension between zero and one....

For instance : Sandra swimming 100 m without fins :girlie would obtain k = 100/104 = 0.96

A man with fins swimming 100 m would obtain k = 100/200 = 0.5

With today's regulations, the man with fins and the young woman without fins would obtain exactly the same number of points : 50 ; this is absurd :duh !

With the performance index method, Sandra's performance index is almost twice as big as the man with fins'...

A womman with fins swimming 100 m would obtain a k = 0.633

a man without fins k = 0.602

This method applies as well to all other disciplines...static, constant weight, no-limits, etc...

This method permits to make some sound comparisons between men and women, between fins and no-fins...

k = 0.5 corresponds :

for a man to 4'29" in static
for a woman to 3'15.5" in static

for a man to 51.5 m in constant weight with fins
and to 33 m in constant weight without fins...

for a woman to 39 m in cw with fins and 21 m in cw with no-fins....

etc......

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT