• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Schwmae from Wales UK

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

georgenoom

Dec 13, 2006
Hi everyone

Brand new to this forum and to the world of the Spearo. Just got the kit, this site was recommended as the best place to come for advice, which I'm definitely going to need, as just loading my gun the other night scared the living daylights outta me (I know don't load / fire it on land but hey I'm a 13yr old in a 42 yr old body! Won't do it again tho.)

Totally addicted to the ocean, am a fanatical surfer who surfs at least 4 times a week all year round ( swell dependant) have dabbled with a snorkel for years but now want to get into hunting as something to do during flat spells.

I look forward to interacting with you.

Cheers

Georgenoom

Welcome to the deeperblue. Plenty of spearos here, freedivers (like me) whether beginners, mere (!) national champions or world record holders. Plenty of good advice, on cooking your catch as well as spearing it.

Have a good look around.

Hey Georgenoom,
Welcome to DB :)
Be careful what You wish for - You might find more interaction here than You wanted :t

clir dwr a mawr dal,
sanso

Cheers guys

For the first time in my life I'm actually looking forward to summer flatspells!! Raring to go. Need to do a lot of reading and asking questions I think, not even sure what "long line clips" are for!!!!

Hi Georgenoom!

I mostly dive around the wales coast from Angelsey down to Cardigan, but am now living in Cardiff so will be down Gower and pembrokshire for most of next summer!!!!

I should be able to show you a few spots further west if your up for a dive in the spring? Have you got Suit and other bits??

Dave

Hi Tecdave and foxfish

Would def be up for a meet further west mate, I love that area. I'm hoping my surf wetsuit will do, it's a top of the range 5/4/3mm, keeps me warm for over 3 hours in 6-7c water and -6c air temps in winter, what do you think, don't really want to fork out on another suit. As far as kit is concerned Santa delivered early, gun, fins, mask, knife, socks, weight belt and a couple of other things I don't even know the name of. Got some seemingly good advice and service from Dave at Spearo.

Wicked,
Have a look at the north wales spearing thread
[ame="http://forums.deeperblue.net/showthread.php?t=66565"]Spearing north wales[/ame]
Hope that works!! if not do a search for it in the forums.

Had a good year with loads of Bass and a few mullet and Pollack.

Am stuck in the office looking at my pics of the summer...... its just to long till easter!!!!!
Would think that your surf suit will be warm enough in the summer but you will deffo need a hood or better still a hooded vest which will stop most of the cold water flushing. The only other thing I would suggest is a float line and float with a flag, just so you stand a chance of getting spotted by the boaties and a pair of gloves for protection from loading guns and fish spines.
Hope this helps.

Will gladly help if you have any more questions.

Dave

Sid akki from the gogledd dude!
Your welcome to join in up in the north with us if you ride into town at any time!
And just to show what lovely conditions we have today
rhos.jpg

Last edited:
LOL!! Not too different from down here Pastor!!!

Haven't been up to the Lleyn / Anglesey area for way too long, may just surprise you in 2007.

Cheers.

Reactions: Pastor
Your welcome if you do pass by, as you will be with all of us here at DB. Dave came over this last summer and had a good few days with us. We're trying hard to keep up the Rhosneigr reputation for hospitality.
PS keep you eye on that picture it will change every time you look in :)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT