• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Scotland Spearfishing 2012

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
U arse! :waterwork

very sunny duck pond out here today by the way. It's flippin glorious! Just hope the breeze doesn't drop to nothing else I could well get stuck on here with fog! :-( not good! :head

We're looking at 3-4mph inshore - don't really know how that might equate to where you are.
Did I happen to leave 2 large mesh bags in your car? Can't find them anywhere :-(

don't think so? I'll have a look when I get back but haven't seen them. Seems to be a common theme with you and your gear?!? You are going to have to improve when bambino comes along. Forgetting where you left children is not normally a good idea! :naughty :)

........suprised you ever find your way back to where you parked your car!! remember where to get out Grant?? .......y'know, that rocky bit where the sea stops!! :D

don't think so? I'll have a look when I get back but haven't seen them. Seems to be a common theme with you and your gear?!?

Err - I have your mesh bag and rechargeable batteries in my pickup.

I'll get the batteries charged up as I can prob use them when your stuck offshore in the fog next week :)

granti 10 15 m s fairly shollow ! Fairly shallow to me is 3- 4 feet!! 10 m is deep for me LOL I've not done any free diving so when I get round to training I might go deep! What's a contour roam ?when cameras on yer gun is it sticking out the side?how come it throws ya shooting /Aim Off so much?

Err - I have your mesh bag and rechargeable batteries in my pickup.

there's a difference there tho mucker!! they were strategically LEFT...... not LOST! ;) :naughty

I'll get the batteries charged up as I can prob use them when your stuck offshore in the fog next week :)

thats not even approaching funny!

Last edited by a moderator:
fog!!

'attention all personel crew change flights on indefinate hold due to weather offshore'

WTF!! I want off!!:waterwork

:waterwork :head :head :head :head :head :head

thaaaaaaaaaanks grant! you hexed my flight! :naughty

Bollox :-( :-(

I did wonder as its really misty all the way up the coast.

Another chopper gone in the drink this afternoon. Don't know any details. :(

Carrying my spearfishing gear is starting to sound appealing!! at least if it stays in one piece I'll be able to have sushi with a survival ration garnish!! ;)

Think 17 rescued on national news ? fourth time them chopers gone in in four years lynks chopper i think. good job they float! and the RAF are around to help out .

Eurocopter EC225.

Other Super Pumas grounded too as have same gearbox I think.

I hate flying!.......strange career choice I know! :duh:confused:

17 + 2 crew. They had just passed a standby vessel so turned round and put it down next to it. Lucky. 30 miles from anywhere in the sea is a long way!

Good weather for it at least. Could have been a lot worse.

I've just taken a new job which is Glasgow based for 3 days a week.
Is anyone doing any midweek night diving within reasonable distance ?
I vaguely recall there was (maybe?) a pool session somewhere in Glasgow over the winter - anyone got any info?

Cheers

Grant

Last edited:
file.php

Anyone give me an indication of weather/swell/vis on East coast at the minute?? It's blowing a hooooooooooolly out here but a long way north so not necessarily the same.:head

Vis was around 1 ft today - dont reckon we're diving tomorrow night :-(

Were you North of the border grant? Quite a few fisherman got caught in freak waves over the weekend with the big swells coming in! Surprised you even managed to get out!

Did you have a good autumn out on the water?

Kayaking off Berwick Dave - the swell yesterday was a bit huge and a big tide today means its going to be dirty for a while.
Hoping it settles down for a few days diving over Crimbo.
Can't wait for the shortest day to pass then its downhill all the way into another wet & windy summer :)
You been out at all?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT