• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Sea Sickness!!!!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

miles

BORN WILD!!!
Supporter
Jun 13, 2003
Hiya

I need some advice on this one!!!! My wife been spearing for more than a year now and she NEVER gets sea sick. This includes 12-14hour long fishing trips out 40nm to sea in horrible conditions.

Problem has now arisen where she gets sick when diving in turbulent water. Really rough water with a big swell. She's fine whilst on the boat, but 30minutes in the water, shes starts getting sick. When we move to some calmer water, she's ok. Also stops getting sick when she's back in the boat. Apparently throwing-up in your snorkel isn't all that much fun!!! :duh

Any advice?? (other then get a wife who doesn't get sea-sick? :D )

Regards
miles

Hello Miles!

I dont have the answer but I wanted to say Congratulations for your new marriage!
May you have a happy and ever lasting relationship! :waterwork

congrats on getting a wife that spears ;)

her sea-sckness could be caused by many things. im no physician, but it could be psychlogical, she could be pregnant, etc.

avoid getting in turbid waters ifit has that effect oon her.

take care and best of luck

Miles
The space program developed a cure for this type of sea sickness a long time ago. In the US it's called Marazene and is very easy to find. Appears to have no side affects.
Aloha
Bill

I use Stugeron - also seems to work well with no side effects

ginger is a good natural anti sickness remedy - either stem ginger, ginger cookies or I've had some luck with lemon and ginger tea on boats.

S

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT