• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Seac asso 75 o-ring replacement

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

JCOOK417

Jul 17, 2022
I need to replace my o-rings in my seac asso 75. Looking for information on how to do it and o-ring sizes please! I've had the gun for about a year and never used(tried to) it until today. It had no pressure! I'm assuming it's because it was in my motorhome (not being used) and 100°+ temps ruined the o-rings because when I tried to pump it up, the air would just leak out. Any info/sites would be greatly appreciated!

Determine where the leak is first - try to pump it under water and see where the bubbles are coming from. It could be your pump is bad and not the gun. I suspect it is a pump, after that - the part where you screw in your pump in the back of the gun. There are two types of o-rings- those that move and those that don't. If a stationary oring is bad - it is easier to replace even if can not find an identical size. Moving ones should be a perfect match
By the way, if you really need it:

Last edited:
Determine where the leak is first - try to pump it under water and see where the bubbles are coming from. It could be your pump is bad and not the gun. I suspect it is a pump, after that - the part where you screw in your pump in the back of the gun. There are two types of o-rings- those that move and those that don't. If a stationary oring is bad - it is easier to replace even if can not find an identical size. Moving ones should be a perfect match
By the way, if you really need it:
Thanks for the response. Yeah, it is leaking out of where the pump screws into! After a few pumps I'll hear it leaking out the small hole in pump at end close to handle when it's fully extended, and then I unscrew the pump to hear air leaking out of where the pump screws into gun.

In this case it is probably an o-ring at the very end of your pump. Inspect it. If not - the valve in the back has to be replaced

In this case it is probably an o-ring at the very end of your pump. Inspect it. If not - the valve in the back has to be replaced
You know of any info on how to do that? My first pneumatic and couldn't find any information online about replacing or o-ring sizes?

You know of any info on how to do that? My first pneumatic and couldn't find any information online about replacing or o-ring sizes?
Dude, I can not do it for you remotely :) I have no idea what size is o-ring on the end of your pump but it is most definitely metric.The end of your pump where thread is and an o-ring sits is press-fit into the body of the pump. Usually it fails and you can not pump any more - the air leaks. If you can grab that end and feel that it does not sit tight in the body of the pump - you need a new pump. I made my own because of that.

Dude, I can not do it for you remotely :) I have no idea what size is o-ring on the end of your pump but it is most definitely metric.The end of your pump where thread is and an o-ring sits is press-fit into the body of the pump. Usually it fails and you can not pump any more - the air leaks. If you can grab that end and feel that it does not sit tight in the body of the pump - you need a new pump. I made my own because of that.
It's not the pump man. Air is leaking from the gun where you screw the pump into it at. Thanks for you help though man!

Like I said, if the o-ring on the end of the pump is bad - you will get a leak. However if it is not the case - here is what you need: https://4diving.com/diving_en/seac-rear-valve-body. release air from the gun, unscrew the old valve and screw in the new one. You also would need the o-ring kit I believe. To unscrew the valve you would need to build a tool - tough to do it with a flat-head screwdriver.
Also take a look here: https://www.tradeinn.com/diveinn/en...hierarchicalCategories.eng.lvl1][0]=Spearguns
Those valves are interchangeable.

Like I said, if the o-ring on the end of the pump is bad - you will get a leak. However if it is not the case - here is what you need: https://4diving.com/diving_en/seac-rear-valve-body. release air from the gun, unscrew the old valve and screw in the new one. You also would need the o-ring kit I believe. To unscrew the valve you would need to build a tool - tough to do it with a flat-head screwdriver.
Also take a look here: https://www.tradeinn.com/diveinn/en/seac-asso-o-ring-kit/138354229/p?products_search[query]=valve&products_search[hierarchicalMenu][hierarchicalCategories.eng.lvl1][0]=Spearguns
Those valves are interchangeable.
The gun itself is leaking when pump isn't on it.
Much appreciation man! Thank you!

Hey i have a seac asso 115, they sell the full oring replacement kit on amazon and ebay with everything even the piston skirt, if youre leaking air from where you screw the pump it's probably the little ball valve, ive had it happen to me, just make sure the gun is depressurized and unscrew the back of it with a 3/4 chisel if im not mistake, you can see the pump screw hole has these 2 slits on either side, once you do that theres a little spring and ball mechanism in the piece you unscrewed, just take it apart, clean and oil, and should be good, if not repeat that process but also change the rings with the kit i mentioned

Theres a video on youtube of a guy taking apart a mares cyrano and its the same thing as the seac so just use that as a guide, its super easy so dont be afraid, just have the o ring kit ready and some silicone grease, and speargun oil to refill the gun, again a guide for refilling you can find on you tube

Thats for the refill

And that's for the disassembly, again its the same for the seac asso

Hey i have a seac asso 115, they sell the full oring replacement kit on amazon and ebay with everything even the piston skirt, if youre leaking air from where you screw the pump it's probably the little ball valve, ive had it happen to me, just make sure the gun is depressurized and unscrew the back of it with a 3/4 chisel if im not mistake, you can see the pump screw hole has these 2 slits on either side, once you do that theres a little spring and ball mechanism in the piece you unscrewed, just take it apart, clean and oil, and should be good, if not repeat that process but also change the rings with the kit i mentioned
Thank you man!!!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT