• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Seac hydrodynamic

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Same here Dave but couldn't find anything on our site!
It looks really nice for the money - less than 1/2 the cost of an airbalete?

Same here Dave but couldn't find anything on our site!
It looks really nice for the money - less than 1/2 the cost of an airbalete?

I'm confused, as usual, I thought that was the db site, at least it was reached by going to the db shop.

I'll try again- Seacsub Caccia. Spear guns Spear guns, Scubastore.com, buy, offers, dive Is that not the db shop?

Edit: Oh you mean the forum, not the shop :duh.
I'm going back on the medication, all this reality isn't good for me.

Dave.

Last edited:
Fox

The seac doenst look bad! Ive been a "band" guy for teh past 4 yrs and want to see what the "dark side" is all about :t Ive been seriously thinking about the airbalete lately and am hoping i would be able to implement a vacuum system such as tovarich or tromic's tomba sytem ... what do you think?

also, do these websites look legit? The prices seem very cheap!

airbalete - Confronta tutti i prezzi con Twenga.it

Dylan

Hi Dylan, the airbalete has a good reputation but whether it is worth double the cost of a Asso or seac is debatable especially if you want to convert one to a dry barrel!
The issue is a standard airbalete will out perform a standard airgun, however a custom dry barrel air gun will out perform a airbalete!
Now a dry barrel airbalete might be a very nice gun but might not have anymore performace than a dry barrel Seac?
If I was in the market for a new airgun, then yes I would be looking to buy a airbalete but I already own numerous custom airguns!

Attachments

• mamba.jpg
    mamba.jpg
    267.3 KB · Views: 205
Hi Dylan, the airbalete has a good reputation but whether it is worth double the cost of a Asso or seac is debatable especially if you want to convert one to a dry barrel!
The issue is a standard airbalete will out perform a standard airgun, however a custom dry barrel air gun will out perform a airbalete!
Now a dry barrel airbalete might be a very nice gun but might not have anymore performace than a dry barrel Seac?
If I was in the market for a new airgun, then yes I would be looking to buy a airbalete but I already own numerous custom airguns!

WOW! thats second gun looks cool! The only reason i want the airbalete is pretty much becasue of the universal reel mount that is attached to the handle. That way i could easily just purchase a reel and put it on there using that mount. How easy is it to attach a reel to a Seac?

Also, after taking apart and putting back together my buddy's mares cyrano i have a better idea on how the pnuematics work. However, im still really curious on how you make a seal around the shaft so water doesnt enter the barrel?

Sorry for all the questions! lol

Dylan

There are two main ways - one is with the running line attached to a slider, the slider has an internal O ring seal to the spear. The slider also has an external O ring that fits into the barrel end.
Or - the barrel end has a O ring fitted to seal the spear & the running line is attached to the spear head.

You can click the link in my sig or use the search button to find thousands of word written on the subject.....

There are two main ways - one is with the running line attached to a slider, the slider has an internal O ring seal to the spear. The slider also has an external O ring that fits into the barrel end.
Or - the barrel end has a O ring fitted to seal the spear & the running line is attached to the spear head.

You can click the link in my sig or use the search button to find thousands of word written on the subject.....

Thanks, i have read a lot ont he subject so far and seen most of the threads. I just need a few personal explanations that havent become clear.

I would think that the tovarich would be more advantageous because then the shaft would not have to carry the whole assembly along with it on its flight. Not to mentiont this seems like it would be much easier to fabricate. You could just simply have the sealing mechanism stationary in the muzzle, and then cut or take off the rear but peice on the shaft that acts as the slider stopper, grind or shape the end of the shaft to fit the plastic cupling peice in the chamber to have a tight holding fit. The only other thing i can think of is that there would be maybe 20-30ml of water in the muzzle from the gap between the cupling peice for the shaft tot he very tip of the muzzle before you put the shaft in. Would this little bit of water be a big deal, or how can this be prevented, if need be?

Thanks

Dylan

In the first picture i see the little slider peice that you are talking about. Did you fabricate this yourself? If so, out of what material?

Thanks

Dylan

Well I use both systems but my Asso 115 has a factory fitted Mamba system with new piston & muzzle, so uses the tried & tested slider.
One of omer 90s uses the same factory fitted Mamba system but I have modified the spear & muzzle to do away with the slider.
I will hunt down some pics later...

Well I use both systems but my Asso 115 has a factory fitted Mamba system with new piston & muzzle, so uses the tried & tested slider.
One of omer 90s uses the same factory fitted Mamba system but I have modified the spear & muzzle to do away with the slider.
I will hunt down some pics later...

Ok cool

Dylan

I bought factory fitted guns from the mamba factory but our friend tromic makes a very nice version (versions)

I think they are no more!?
I will ask my friend spaghetti to answer your question.....

Last edited:
I think they are no more!?
I will ask my friend spaghetti to answer your question.....

Maorisub - Entra

As you see in the link above, the website of Maorisub, the manufactuer of the mamba, is still on line.

But the latest voice here in Italy is that they seem to have quitted production and that the company is shutting down.

Some "insiders" have spread the voice that they might have sold their patents, designs and moulds to some "major" company. Only rumors, though. I'll have to try some further investigation.............

Airgunners in Italy are by now massively converting to the Stc kit, which seems to be the new fashionable cat's meow, from what I'm hearing around.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT